Parking Assistance Restricted & Toyota can't read/connect to the car

djbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Pro
I've been getting the message on the screen below when I put the car into reverse for a while now.

I had the car in under warranty at Toyota here in Glasgow, Scotland yesterday and they haven't been able to do anything as when they hook up their diagnostic computer it won't connect to the car.

It doesn't show my VIN, or show any modules. Nothing.

I have bm3 on the car and they are saying that that might be the cause of not being able to read it.

My next step is going to the indie garage that I've used since I got the Supra (and for my previous M2 and M135i) to see if they can read the car when they hook up their computer. They also did the bm3 tune on the car for me.

Has anyone else had any of these issues?!

IMG_20230407_151532.jpg
Sponsored

tstires

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2023 M850, 2021 Macan GTS
Might be a stupid question but are they using the correct tool to communicate with the car? My understanding is the Toyota tools will not work and the dealer must use the appropriate BMW tool.

OP
OP
djbilly

djbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Pro
Might be a stupid question but are they using the correct tool to communicate with the car? My understanding is the Toyota tools will not work and the dealer must use the appropriate BMW tool.
Yeah, they were using ISTA.

pinoy_dorifto

First Name
Pasi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Yeah, they were using ISTA.
Possibly their cable or laptop Ethernet port

My tech stream has 2 Ethernet ports and I always use the one by the keyboard. One day my ISTA wasn't reading the Supra I was scanning. Then I tried to scan my Supra, but it still didn't work. Tried another cable and it still, didn't work! then I remembered the 2nd Ethernet port by the LCD screen and now it reads.

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Did you ever get this sorted? My car has started doing it on and off over the last fortnight. Very random.

OP
OP
djbilly

djbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Pro
Did you ever get this sorted? My car has started doing it on and off over the last fortnight. Very random.
Yeah, eventually got it sorted.

Turned out to be a faulty rear parking sensor.

My local indy garage diagnosed it by connecting their Snap On tools computer to the car.

I then went back to Toyota with that and they fixed it under warranty.

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
So was washing the car today and noticed this, would that cause the error potentially? Still intermittent. Don't want to take it to Toyota for it to be a chargeable repair.

Do the sensors come colour coded? Anyone got a part number?

PXL_20230910_161326858.MP.jpg

IMG-20230909-WA0002.jpg

OP
OP
djbilly

djbilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Pro
So was washing the car today and noticed this, would that cause the error potentially? Still intermittent. Don't want to take it to Toyota for it to be a chargeable repair.

Do the sensors come colour coded? Anyone got a part number?

PXL_20230910_161326858.MP.jpg

IMG-20230909-WA0002.jpg
Not sure if that would be enough to cause the error to display, but you never know.

Best to take it to a garage so they can plug it in and see what the error codes say.

nc_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra Pro
Yeah, eventually got it sorted.

Turned out to be a faulty rear parking sensor.

My local indy garage diagnosed it by connecting their Snap On tools computer to the car.

I then went back to Toyota with that and they fixed it under warranty.
Thread resurrection, but thanks for letting us know the fix.

Mine's started with the same issue... the car hasn't been getting used much so I've got it on a trickle charge at the moment incase that resolves it, but if it doesn't I'll have Toyota give the sensors a look.
Sponsored