Question regarding studs/spacers on a squared setup.

rcgtt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR
Hi! First post, sorry for the uninformed/stupid question as I'm entirely new to modding cars, but was just wondering if I would need to install some extended studs on a 18x10.5 +35 square set of wheels I'm looking at. Someone is selling locally, just want to be sure what type of hardware I need in order to put these wheels on. Could you also run these without a spacer, or is a spacer needed? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
You have bolts, as opposed to studs. Should be fine without being longer, wheels are wheels. But ... Spacers/no spacers depends on wheel design.
From what I can tell, so far, that size and offset may be okay. Can you test for first? Assuming they are coming off a different car?

OP
OP

rcgtt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR
You have bolts, as opposed to studs. Should be fine without being longer, wheels are wheels. But ... Spacers/no spacers depends on wheel design.
From what I can tell, so far, that size and offset may be okay. Can you test for first? Assuming they are coming off a different car?
Hi! Thank you for the reply. Ya it's coming off of a diff supra, and he's throwing in a set of 5mm spacers along with the wheels, but I'm assuming that the spacers are there cause he has a BBK on his car, and it was used to clear those. I personally don't have a BBK on mine currently, but would 5mm be enough for the need of extended bolts? It's a set of te37 saga's if that helps at all.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
If he didn't need longer bolts, you won't.
Also, a 5mm spacer turns that wheel into a 10.5 +33. That sounds pretty aggressive. Have you seen how they fit the other car and are okay with it?
That wheel fits OEM brakes just fine. I'm looking at the same spec. I'm figuring out all this too. I'll be on coilovers... If you are on stock struts, you may need the spacer to clear the springs.....?
There's a useful thread on another forum I'm on. I'll look it up tomorrow and post the info here. It should help.

OP
OP

rcgtt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR
If he didn't need longer bolts, you won't.
Also, a 5mm spacer turns that wheel into a 10.5 +33. That sounds pretty aggressive. Have you seen how they fit the other car and are okay with it?
That wheel fits OEM brakes just fine. I'm looking at the same spec. I'm figuring out all this too. I'll be on coilovers... If you are on stock struts, you may need the spacer to clear the springs.....?
There's a useful thread on another forum I'm on. I'll look it up tomorrow and post the info here. It should help.
Hi! Yep, I've seen it, albeit through pictures only. 10.5 +33 does sound quite aggressive for the front's though, I think they usually are 9.5 +25 maybe? At least from other wheels specs I've seen. I'll ask him a few more questions once I see them in person though. Thank you for the help!

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Post pics! I'm curious to see what I can get away with. 😂
Sponsored