Soliciting Opinion from Current Supra Owners for used 2022 Supra

Annolicious

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus RC350
Hi all,

I've been in the market for a manual supra for a while, but ran into an interesting offering on a 2022 3.0 premium red supra (automatic) with about 22k miles on it. Its being sold at a dealership and I've gotten it down to 52.5k OTD. It looks like the car has a couple mods like an MST (?) air intake and an aftermarket exhaust I haven't been able to identify and a blitz strut bar.

What do you guys think about the price and the modifications? I'm not as knowledgable about the exhaust other than it isn't a catless system since it still has to pass smog based on conversations with the dealership. I'm not exactly sure how annoying a swap back to OEM would be assuming I could source the parts.

I appreciate any input you guys can provide, and man talk about an emotional response building for a car purchase!
Sponsored

DR.COKE

First Name
COKE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SUPRA
From someone who purchased a used one within 1 month it’s an OK deal. If you accept the car AS IS with mods your fine, if you want to swap back to stock parts than There’s better deals. Supra inventory is low, I still got my spreadsheet somewhere. Red is most likely the least desirable color. Your cheaper to overpay for manual than buy this auto, change back to stock parts, than trade in for manual. In your used car journey, it will be very hard to find a bone stock Supra, being patient and willing to travel out of state for the right one.
oh that’s a lot of miles for a 2022. Average for normal car is around 12k per year, most Supra owner is a 2nd car should be less than half so call it 6k per year. There’s some garage queens that average below 3k a year. Mine average below 2.5k a year. Find a private seller and meet in middle of what trade in value and actual selling value at dealer. Fair to both side. Life is ALOT EASIER if seller had clear title in hand and buyer brings Cash/bank route. If seller has a loan, you both need to pay off loan, await loan company to clear with DMV, before DMV will release title. Takes about 3-4 weeks if your on top of harassing bank and DMV.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Agree, low mileage one previous owner, would be preferred for that price. I shipped both of mine. Dr. Coke is right. Light mods shouldn’t be a big deal. You can also plug into the OBD port and see if there are any codes.

A neighbor buddy bough one used and saved a ton of money. He also knows how to diagnose issues that may arise with mods. He did his exhaust & intake. The car runs great.

Good luck amigo! The car is definitely worth it imo.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
imo, 22k miles on a car like the Supra is super used and old and not worth $52K. Just spend a little more and get a brand new one with the MT you said you want.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Putting price aside, would getting a good deal on an auto still keep u from getting a MT? In my view, if the heart wants, go get it. U can always make sacrifices to save up, making the numbers work on an emotional thing is secondary.

Professor SKO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra A91
Hi all,

I've been in the market for a manual supra for a while, but ran into an interesting offering on a 2022 3.0 premium red supra (automatic) with about 22k miles on it. Its being sold at a dealership and I've gotten it down to 52.5k OTD. It looks like the car has a couple mods like an MST (?) air intake and an aftermarket exhaust I haven't been able to identify and a blitz strut bar.

What do you guys think about the price and the modifications? I'm not as knowledgable about the exhaust other than it isn't a catless system since it still has to pass smog based on conversations with the dealership. I'm not exactly sure how annoying a swap back to OEM would be assuming I could source the parts.

I appreciate any input you guys can provide, and man talk about an emotional response building for a car purchase!
I got my 2022 A91 in October of 22. It was a Toyota Executives ride that had just over 10K on it. I was the first titled owner. The local Toyota dealer sold it to me for just over 58K OTD. I would have preferred a MT, but the price seemed to good to pass up.

That was almost 1.5 years ago, so I feel the 52.5K is too high for the 3.0 premium model and think you would be better off to wait for the MT unless you need a car right now.

Low flyer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 GR Supra, 45th Anniversary, Mikan Blast
I too was looking for a manual transmission supra when I found and bought my automatic. I'm so happy that I got the automatic.

It shifts faster than a human every could. The close ratios between the gears keeps the engine between 5K and 6.5K when flatfooted. If you want speed, then get the auto; no contest.

I don't know what tax, title, and licensing cost where you live. But I bought my 2024 45th in Rochester, NY and paid MSRP. I think it $65,365, give or take a 100. Tax, title, and licensing in Kentucky was $4,085. If comparable to your state that would put you at about $48,400 for the car. I think that's a pretty reasonable deal.

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
It shifts faster than a human every could. The close ratios between the gears keeps the engine between 5K and 6.5K when flatfooted. If you want speed, then get the auto; no contest.
EVERYONE knows modern autos are faster. No person tracking the car for record times is getting the manual. A manual is just WAY more fun and engaging. I think you are missing the point of the manual version... But glad you found the one that works best for you

Reactions: zrk

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Automatic cars are great, you get a proper cruise control and paddle shifters when you don't want cruise control. Can be enjoyable even when you turn 60

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
This auto is quite unique. Gotta admit and my 1st ever auto track car. I thought I’d be missing the “engagement”. Nope, nada, nil 👎 I’m having a blast 🚀

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
I held out and got an MT, it's great. I'll be honest, there are days now where I wonder if I would have been happier with an AT. If I had the space, I'm pretty sure I'd get another 8AT Supra.

Pull the trigger on this one. If you decide you just have to have the manual, then wait for a deal to pop up on one and make the trade.

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Supra Matte Storm Gray
I'm not saying you're going to find a deal like I did on a used Supra by any means, but that dollar amount seems very high to me with that high mileage. I just got my used 22 3.0 premium with 5100 or so miles on it in December for 48,995 (again I looked at work with a coworker and there were literally only 2 or 3 other Supras in the country with that low of a tag and that low of miles) but with 4x as many miles on that car that just seems like a high asking price to me.

I haven't looked around at current prices though so maybe I'm wrong.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I lean no on this one. 1) The miles do seem high for a 2022. 2) It's modified. 3) Most importantly, you want an MT, so you would be settling for an AT, and this is too much money to just settle.

None of these individually are deal-breakers, but all together, they say to me that you should pass on this one.
Sponsored