Special Ordering Questions

mmspider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0L(sold)
I agree that their system is a complete PITA, but when you are in a flyover state like I am and you want a specific Supra, your options are 1) don't get a Supra, 2) try to deal with Toyota's annoying preference allocation system, or 3) buy the overpriced Supra with options you don't want in a color you don't want at an openly hostile dealer who seems to be the only one in a 100 mile radius that actually gets Supras regularly.
I am in the same boat I understand trust me haha. I just don`t think anyone should stand up for Toyota in this case. Give them no excuse is the way I see. We understand why they do what they do. But it creates a worse buying experienced compared to other companies.

We all want or have a Supra here I get it. You can still give them business. But I will never say its ok to not be able to order a car when most car companies offer it. At sometime in time I hope Toyota sees pain from it.
Sponsored

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
I am in the same boat I understand trust me haha. I just don`t think anyone should stand up for Toyota in this case. Give them no excuse is the way I see. We understand why they do what they do. But it creates a worse buying experienced compared to other companies.

We all want or have a Supra here I get it. You can still give them business. But I will never say its ok to not be able to order a car when most car companies offer it. At sometime in time I hope Toyota sees pain from it.
I would hope folks don't think I'm encouraging Toyota's allocation process, I just personally find it easier to not get as mad at a thing if I understand the mechanics or internal reasoning of it. The whole notion of how understanding the rules help you play the game better, even if the game itself is total crap.

And if the entire vehicle retail sales model is indeed changing as the media seems to be indicating, then Toyota will eventually be switching over to a retail order system like everyone else... a system that by its nature involves fulfilling customer preferences. My assumption is the next car I buy will most likely be purchased sight unseen through some sort of ordering process, and that that car will most likely be electric.

M4-NYC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
G82 M4
I would hope folks don't think I'm encouraging Toyota's allocation process, I just personally find it easier to not get as mad at a thing if I understand the mechanics or internal reasoning of it. The whole notion of how understanding the rules help you play the game better, even if the game itself is total crap.

And if the entire vehicle retail sales model is indeed changing as the media seems to be indicating, then Toyota will eventually be switching over to a retail order system like everyone else... a system that by its nature involves fulfilling customer preferences. My assumption is the next car I buy will most likely be purchased sight unseen through some sort of ordering process, and that that car will most likely be electric.
I'm genuinely surprised people have not bitched to Toyota about this ordering system in more recent years. It's legit 80s shit.

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
I'm genuinely surprised people have not bitched to Toyota about this ordering system in more recent years. It's legit 80s shit.
Most likely because the only people encountering this clunky system are us, the sports car enthusiasts buying Supras, GR Corollas, and 86es, and the off road set who try to get the fancy 4Runner and Tacoma packages. I imagine we constitute less than 10% of their national sales, probably half that or even less. That makes us the exception to their rule rather than their usual buyers.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Being the biggest car company in the world. Doubt they care for such a niche area. Their system now works for them and the reason they have highest revenues.
Sponsored