Supra facelift discussion thread

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Do we know if they will renew the partnership? Do you think they will continue to produce the Supra?
No idea. But doubt they will renew this specific deal. Bmw wasn't even going to continue the z4 if not for this deal. If anything it'll be whatever comes after the a90. Whether it be hybrid, BEV, or whatever.
Sponsored

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
I've always been confused why folks cross shop a 2 door purpose built RWD sports car with a 4 door family econo-hauler that has an upgraded drivetrain.

I always thought they would compliment each other.

Keep your Civic if you have a family to haul around.

The supra is tight and not that practical.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
What I don't get how you just bought a new car and already making plans to sell it/trade-in, in only a year if you do get an allocation. What was the point? Rich people things??

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
I wouldnā€™t agree w this statement at all. Iā€™d put the fl5 against the Supra on a track any day of the week. And to call it an econo family hauler is outlandish lol. Itā€™s like calling the new Shelby ā€œjust a mustangā€

SInner

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 3.0
What I don't get how you just bought a new car and already making plans to sell it/trade-in, in only a year if you do get an allocation. What was the point? Rich people things??
Definitely not rich. I got the car at MSRP so I wonā€™t lose anything on it if I decided to sell. I wasnā€™t sure how much Iā€™d like the car until after I got it. Iā€™m just saying that Iā€™m not ready to give up my spot at the dealer just yet. That may Change

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
Do we know if they will renew the partnership? Do you think they will continue to produce the Supra?
Bestcar is reporting the next gen will be a heavily updated version of the current model. Think along the lines of the new Mustang and Camry.

However, @A70TTR and @PerformanceSound are hinting at an in-house V6 turbo Hybrid A100.

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
the Z4 isn't ending until 10/25 so it will most likely be a 2026 MY

https://g29.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=901686
There most likely wonā€™t be a facelift considering the partnership between toyota and bmw is supposed to end in 2025.

there will probably be just a new ā€œspecial editionā€ with a different color, spoilerā€¦
It's now 3/26.

Production of G29/J29 has been extended by 5 months to 03/26.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Looks like we found the obligatory ā€œitā€™s just a Honda guy.ā€ And Iā€™m going to guess you havenā€™t driven one. But keep pulling up road and track comparisons if it makes you feel better about your purchase Razor.
I never said any thing bad about the FL5. I just posted actual data. Sorry that you didn't get what you wanted.

Donjazz

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra B48
Bestcar is reporting the next gen will be a heavily updated version of the current model. Think along the lines of the new Mustang and Camry.

However, @A70TTR and @PerformanceSound are hinting at an in-house V6 turbo Hybrid A100.
I wonder who would make it? Would Toyota produce it or still have BMW make it?
Sponsored