Supras in seattle area?

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Anyone in the seattle area? What is it like owning a supra out there? Do they come down hard on mods? Is the excise tax a killer? I might need to move out there for a bit and am debating bring the supra out or not.
Sponsored

WSUPRA

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Toyota Supra 3.0 6MT
Yes, there are like 3-4 Supra’s that actually live in Seattle. Many more in the surrounding areas.

I avoid driving my Supra in town for many reasons. However, there are many amazing roads to drive on in WA state. Personally have not had any issues regarding mods while I’ve lived here. I know Bellevue likes to crack down on loud exhausts though.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
About 30 or so between Everett and Tacoma who've come to meets, plenty of which are modded -- you'd be lucky to meet someone whose Supra is still bone stock. Washington doesn't require inspections, so you don't have to worry about emissions testing or having tunes being deemed illegal like California. There has been a crackdown of loud aftermarket exhausts in Bellevue and Redmond as @WSUPRA mentioned, so just go into normal mode there.

OP
OP
Natek

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback. How bad is the yearly tax when you go to register?

I have an AA catted dp and the aws resonated exhaust so it’s hellaloud for the first 30 seconds on start up and then only if I really get in it but while I lost the valve in normal mode, it still rarely crackles and pops out of sport mode and is pretty reasonable if I take it easy.

i do not think it is a long term move out there, maybe a few years so if I end up keeping the house here I might not move the Supra out there but on the other hand if I rent this place out or sell it and go on all I will have to figure out if I sell the Supra or take it out. I am about 2500 miles away and have no clue what life is out there but a job upgrade is a job upgrade.

okKaden

First Name
Kaden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Bellevue, Redmond, Seattle Police are definitely trying to crackdown on DP and Exhausts. With that being said if you avoid unnecessary revving and trying to draw attention to yourself on purpose it's not an issue.

WSUPRA

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Toyota Supra 3.0 6MT
Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback. How bad is the yearly tax when you go to register?

I have an AA catted dp and the aws resonated exhaust so it’s hellaloud for the first 30 seconds on start up and then only if I really get in it but while I lost the valve in normal mode, it still rarely crackles and pops out of sport mode and is pretty reasonable if I take it easy.

i do not think it is a long term move out there, maybe a few years so if I end up keeping the house here I might not move the Supra out there but on the other hand if I rent this place out or sell it and go on all I will have to figure out if I sell the Supra or take it out. I am about 2500 miles away and have no clue what life is out there but a job upgrade is a job upgrade.
Tax is highly dependent on what county you are going to live in. King County (where Seattle is) is pretty steep for taxes when you are purchasing a new vehicle. Not so sure if you’re bringing a car you’ve already purchased, and are just registering it here.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

You will pay a pretty penny in comparison to Ohio. Yearly licensing can be as much as a monthly car payment depending on the value of the car.

Some counties are taxed more to pay for transportation projects. I would use the online calculators to get an idea.

As far as modded Supras, bring it with you. We have fun and push our cars to their capabilities. There are a few tracks here if you’re into the HPDE scene.

Join us!

-RJM

1DFF6DA5-C2F6-4B8A-9730-E53A9E1B0034.jpeg

Bimtech Supra
41E3B7CF-9404-4C26-91AA-B5BC007F4A67.jpeg

Supra Sessions Aug. 2021

Last edited:

Toshi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Nitro Yellow
Find a way to register your car out of the communist RTA tax zone and you'll save 600$ at tab time.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
As far as modded Supras, bring it with you. We have fun and push our cars to their capabilities. There are a few tracks here if you’re into the HPDE scene.
Not to mention quite scenic and fun driving roads -- Cascade Mts to the east, Olympic Mts and the Pacific coast to the west, and fairly open and flat land with a canyon in central WA. Washington is quite blessed with a lot of diverse landscapes so you're spoiled for choice on what sort of terrain you can drive through.

There's also a very diverse car scene in the area. Plenty of Cars & Coffee meets, and Exotics @ Redmond Town Center is a treat.

lbsupra55

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90, S550, TMY
Ok Seattle its happening. Coming to the cloudy side in January. My Supra is going to beat me out there as the transport leaves a few days before i will.
You'll love it here!

btw is there a local supra meet up soon?

OP
OP
Natek

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
I flew in yesterday I hope all days are that sunny! (Jk I know that was the first sun in weeks) technically I am still here in the airport for another 6 hours. First time in wa like what I am seeing so far. Yes I am moving from oh but I am from ny. Seattle is a lot more like ny than current living for sure