The MKIV vs MKV Thread

For those with mkiv's, will you be selling yours to get a mkv?

• Total voters

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Aren't MK4s more affordable in the UK?
Well I suppose it depends on the person, not sure how the cost of them in US compares pro rata to here, but I had a quick look now and for a nice mkiv it'll cost almost as much as a new Supra 3.0 pro which is really crazy!
My Supra is already my personal treat on top of a daily so a mkiV is 100% unaffordable for me 😅🫠🤑
Sponsored

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Well I suppose it depends on the person, not sure how the cost of them in US compares pro rata to here, but I had a quick look now and for a nice mkiv it'll cost almost as much as a new Supra 3.0 pro which is really crazy!
My Supra is already my personal treat on top of a daily so a mkiV is 100% unaffordable for me 😅🫠🤑
I'm just ball parking it and not including super rare colors or low mileage collectibles, but here is what I'm seeing:

NA
RHD: $30k-$40k
LHD: $40k-$50k

Tubro
RHD: $55k+
LHD: $65k+

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I'm just ball parking it and not including super rare colors or low mileage collectibles, but here is what I'm seeing:

NA
RHD: $30k-$40k
LHD: $40k-$50k

Tubro
RHD: $55k+
LHD: $65k+
You'll probably wanna add another $5k to each of those.
Crazy to see what people are willing to pay for old dinosaurs 😂

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
I’m probably the reverse from most. I didn’t care too much about the Supra until the A90. I loved the styling so much and it became my dream car (that’s actually obtainable for me). I was so happy when I got my 2020 and I still smile every time I get into it. I just hit 40K miles as well!
With that said, I started to appreciate the look and appeal of the MKIV more & more. I still prefer the look of the MKV but I love both!

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
A car is only worth as much as what someone is willing to pay for it. Still I think its crazy what people are forking over. Same with the old NSX I saw a number of ads with meh conditions and well over 100k miles with asking prices of $80k+ lol... :lol:

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
Count me out on the A100 if they go back to the A80 styling.

In the 90s, A80 is the most aesthetically unappealing out of the five JDM heros- NSX, RX7, Supra, 3000GT and GTR.

The A80 looks bloated and looks ordinary next to the other 4s. I test drove a 280hp JDM version back in 98 and it doesn't feel as sporty as the 245hp MR2 GTS so I ended up buying the MR2 instead. Looks heaps sportier too. My friend had a 3000GT and we raced each other quite often lol

Car - NSX.jpg

Car - RX7.jpg

Car - GTR.jpg

Car - 3000GT.jpg

Car - A80.jpg

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
I think they did a good job on the A90.

Look at the curves on the body and how wide those hips are. Conjuring up an image of a panther leaping out on a prey. I love it. With the A100 I hope the design language will continue on along this theme.

Car - A90.jpg

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
I think they did a good job on the A90.

Look at the curves on the body and how wide those hips are. Conjuring up an image of a panther leaping out on a prey. I love it. With the A100 I hope the design language will continue on along this theme.

Car - A90.jpg
It definitely has character, but idk if all that is going to age very well.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
It definitely has character, but idk if all that is going to age very well.
I think it will just because it doesn't have all the jagged edges that make all new cars look like something from a StarFox game - plus the fact that its exaggerated hips make it looks like something that isn't really practical for daily driving.

not_howard

First Name
Not Howard...
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Only Hotwheels
I think it will just because it doesn't have all the jagged edges that make all new cars look like something from a StarFox game - plus the fact that its exaggerated hips make it looks like something that isn't really practical for daily driving.
The rear is the best looking part of the car but some issues that I have are the awful fake door vents, the tall and chunky hood/front fender height, and the short wheelbase just makes it look short and stubby.
Sponsored