Titan motor sports turbine outlet gasket.

Evilpenguinking

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
People with the titan motorsports downpipe, how did you get the gasket to fit on the downpipe? I’ve destroyed 2 gaskets just trying to get it on.
Sponsored

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
1000002833.png

1000002834.png

Look closely at these pictures, as the old gasket is still attached to the Titan when I removed it. It lives in that groove, so I don't know if you're trying to put it somewhere else or what

OP
OP

Evilpenguinking

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Thats the groove I was trying to use. I was able to slide the gasket on and off very easily with the oem downpipe. But when I tried it on the titan one it would just not fit whatsoever. I even tried using the old gasket from the oem downpipe on the titan and still no fit.

OP
OP

Evilpenguinking

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Just for reference I attached a photo to show how short the gasket was had to cut it to make it fit. Not using it like this. Ordered 2 new ones. Like I said I didn’t have to do that with the oem downpipe.

IMG_0830.jpeg

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Wow, I don't know what to say. Never had that issue, and installed it twice, using a new OE gasket each time. I'm simply flabbergasted.

BTW, my "brute force" comment in the old thread was simply about having someone else put firm lift pressure on the pipe from underneath while I lined up and half tightened that bastard clamp on the turbine housing flange. Every time I tried by myself the clamp was always crooked before I could start tightening it up.
Sponsored