Top speed runs so far on the road. (Sorry, no Track numbers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I've owned my 3.0 GR for 2 years now and have performed no performance mods.
My last top speed run was 136 mph on I95 in SC last year. Well I just topped it on the Bayside bridge running from Clearwater to St. Pete. 140mph. The car still had 2 gears and was smooth as silk. Felt very stable and confident. I backed off with a huge smile on my face. 😁
Thanks for making us all look bad dumbass. Think you should trade in for a Nissan Z. That's more a crowd in line with your IQ.
Sponsored

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Everyone needs to chill a bit. Look, if you're gonna take your car to Mexico - assess the risk. Any car around you can pull out in front of you at any time - they're probably on their phone going 10 under. That aside, I honestly don't see the problem on a completely empty highway for a good pull before a quick return to normal speeds. Just use common sense.

Also this post reeks of 🐖👮‍♂️ 😂

Martindk3

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 8/2019
IMG_9630.jpeg

Stop by the german autobahn, with no speed limits..;)

wife casually driving 148mph, I have done 162mph, car was not done pulling..

The car has MHD stg.2 OTS map w. Catless dp.

OP
OP
Teleguy11

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
Thanks for making us all look bad dumbass. Think you should trade in for a Nissan Z. That's more a crowd in line with your IQ.
Ease up dude. It was a completely empty 2 mile long bridge with jersey walls on both sides. Before you call someone a dumb***, you should get the facts first.
As far as getting a Z, no thanks cause I don't want to drive like you obviously do.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
IMG_9630.jpeg

Stop by the german autobahn, with no speed limits..;)

wife casually driving 148mph, I have done 162mph, car was not done pulling..

The car has MHD stg.2 OTS map w. Catless dp.
I have weekly experiences this to and from work. I have an 'opposite' commute as the normal "to the city" traffic is doing 100 and Im moving the other way at 160-200kmph lol. Friday a bit more open and I can arrive at 240 easily for the commute.

For the US team I have no issues on this thread - if you are in Mexico on a clean dry road, void of major traffic, good road/weather conditions and one does an experiment to see the speed you want. Good tires etc etc. Enjoy it. Hopefully no legal surprises.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Ease up dude. It was a completely empty 2 mile long bridge with jersey walls on both sides. Before you call someone a dumb***, you should get the facts first.
As far as getting a Z, no thanks cause I don't want to drive like you obviously do.
Facts are you're a dumbass. Take it to a track.

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Ease up dude. It was a completely empty 2 mile long bridge with jersey walls on both sides.
A 23 year old Engineer with rich parents at my work just traded in his 2023 WRX for a brand new M2 after driving the WRX into the dirt (20k miles, no oil change). Two days later he was clocked going 130 in a 55. He was racing some other idiot and got tagged by a motorcycle cop who was hiding in some trees.

He was arrested, put in lockup, and his car impounded (and very possibly will be crushed). His drivers license was suspended, and he was fired from his $85k/year position once leadership found out about it a few days later when his name was released on the police blotter. He's lucky that he's a spoiled brat and his parents are going to hire him a lawyer so he can try to avoid jail time.

Worth it?

az_supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV
A 23 year old Engineer with rich parents at my work just traded in his 2023 WRX for a brand new M2 after driving the WRX into the dirt (20k miles, no oil change). Two days later he was clocked going 130 in a 55. He was racing some other idiot and got tagged by a motorcycle cop who was hiding in some trees.

He was arrested, put in lockup, and his car impounded (and very possibly will be crushed). His drivers license was suspended, and he was fired from his $85k/year position once leadership found out about it a few days later when his name was released on the police blotter. He's lucky that he's a spoiled brat and his parents are going to hire him a lawyer so he can try to avoid jail time.

Worth it?
"Let me add an extreme anecdote from a spoiled rich kid who is clearly an idiot and apply this to everyone"

Facts are you're a dumbass. Take it to a track.
Ah yes, "professional driver" elitism. Best part about owning sports cars, idiots that pay money for them and only have fun on the track :)

And to the mod that removed my other comment for "STREET RACING", lol power trip much. Wasn't racing anyone.

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
let the thread die let the thread die let the thread die let the thread die let the thread die let the thread die let the thread die let the thread die let the thread die let the thread die let the thread die let the thread die let the thread die let the thread die let the thread die let the thread die let the thread die let the thread die

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
The shoe definitely does not fit in extreme anecdotes. Judging by your comments, I imagine that hasn't occurred to you for a variety of reasons.
Yet here you are trying to defend driving 140 mph on public roads.

I'm done.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.