UK Supra - No Engine Bay Strut

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Does anyone know why the UK (and I assume EU too) 335bhp B58 doesn't get the strut bar? I can see the drilled holes are there, it just seems odd...
I'd like to add them onto my '23 Manual, does anyone know Nm torque spec for nuts and whether this will affect the car handling at all? (Fully stock)
Sponsored

S2k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
Really? I had assumed they were only missing on my early 2019 model.. I can tell you the Blitz torque values as I have them in the paper work sitting in my tool box.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Yes please! Thanks :)
Screenshot_20230119_192416_WhatsApp.png
Be glad you didnā€™t get the ugly factory strut bar. Engine bay looks much cleaner without one. And itā€™s way easier to get to the air intake and etc.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Here it is! (Hopefully my pic is legible)

21EE7B94-97C0-4C42-823D-B4A048FE4B22.jpeg
I had the same Blitz bar from RDHJapan and the rear bolts didnā€™t match. So I used the ones that came with my 2022. The front bolts that came with the bar, no problemo.

May not be what youā€™re referring to but it happened to a friend with a 2020 as well. So he went out and bought rear bolts. We had the same exact Blitz bar from RDH with same directions we couldnā€™t read šŸ˜‚

joeh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
Does anyone know why the UK (and I assume EU too) 335bhp B58 doesn't get the strut bar? I can see the drilled holes are there, it just seems odd...
I'd like to add them onto my '23 Manual, does anyone know Nm torque spec for nuts and whether this will affect the car handling at all? (Fully stock)
Missing the GR strut bar on the Special edition too although it had a picture of it on their website when you looked at the specs, super strange. Trying to raise a complaint about it at the moment

OP
OP
Supra_UK_

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Missing the GR strut bar on the Special edition too although it had a picture of it on their website when you looked at the specs, super strange. Trying to raise a complaint about it at the moment
Shit mate that sucks, let us know how you get on.

joeh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
I also just realised the alcantara shift knob was on the website too, but not on the car when delivered šŸ˜©

OP
OP
Supra_UK_

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bloody hell mate they cocked it up!
In fairness though I am so glad I don't have the alcantara shifter, I hate cleaning it as fibres "matt" quickly so I prefer the leather. I coated it with Gtechniq leather guard and also bought some driving gloves so minimum hand prints/sweat in the car (lol I'm very ocd on the interior)
You can use smart fabric v2 or v3 on alcantara if you want.

BazaC

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MK5 Manual
HI Guys, new to the forum, I also have a manual 23, no braces in my bay either, I just assumed UK cars don't have them, is it a manufacturing error that I need to speak to Toyota about?

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red Supra 3.0 2022, Black BMW 116i 2022
HI Guys, new to the forum, I also have a manual 23, no braces in my bay either, I just assumed UK cars don't have them, is it a manufacturing error that I need to speak to Toyota about?
I don't think any EU Supra ever came with those braces, only the 380HP versions from all other markets.
We might even have some pedestrian impact european safety rule forbidding it.
That said I dunno if it's really necessary, I can't say the supra chassis is flexing much...
Sponsored