Visconti Tuning - EcuTek RaceRom controlled Sequential Port Injection with MOTIV REFLEX

visconti

Silver Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vtune.us
Car(s)
Subaru STi, VR30, S55 M3, GOLF R, Supra A90
Let's have a conversation about fueling and a few things that has never done with a factory ECU, until NOW!

More Data + Smarter Port Injection.

Several months ago, I linked up with MOTIV Motorsports, they have a new CANbus I/O Integration Module that also does Sequential Port Injection called the ReFLEX. Itā€™s badass, it will be THE WAY forward for any platform that needs secondary port injection. It also has multiple inputs and outputs, Flex Fuel and talks over CANBUS. Itā€™s tuned using Tuner Pro, but they have now completed custom firmware for me. This firmware will allow EcuTek to completely control everything over CANBUS. THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!

Low Pressure Fuel System

Itā€™s common knowledge that E50 is the number thrown around when discussing fuel system limits on the Supra. Those switching to an upgraded turbo and still wanting to run Ethanol grab port injection and mostly think all is well. I have news for you, all is not well. You will hit the limits of your low-pressure fuel system (in-tank pump) next - and very quickly. Iā€™ve attached some fresh data from last night.

Pure800 ā€“ 23PSI, E60 with Port Injection 550WHP

Pure800 ā€“ 29PSI, E60 with Port Injection 650WHP

On 23PSI you can see the fuel pressure starting to drop in the upper RPMS. On 29PSI the fuel pressure drops like a rock. The proper way to fix this would be to install our STG1 Fuel System upgrade - https://www.viscontituning.com/coll...ing/products/a90-a91-stg1-fuel-system-upgrade

If youā€™re wondering how people with the stock fuel system are making this much power now and ā€œhave no problemsā€ ā€¦ well, they arenā€™t looking at the data. Mostly everyone is tuning port injection cars with basic controllers that wonā€™t have flex fuel capabilities, and as a result only tune for one ethanol content. Their fueling map is going to be ā€˜jackedā€™ up in the upper RPMS where the fuel pressure starts to drop off. This method is a band-aid, and although it works, itā€™s not suggested. To be clear, little pressure drop isnā€™t a big deal.

In these logs youā€™ll notice ā€˜PI Injection Time (Base)ā€™ & ā€˜PI Injection Time (Final)ā€™, this is the injection math Iā€™m doing on the EcuTek side. I have a base injection map that gets compensated for ethanol, then it gets compensated by relative fuel pressure error. The final value gets sent over CANBUS to drive the port injection. The PI injection time is then read back off the box and is used to drive a Fuel Multiplier in RaceRom.

To say it more simply, the PI Injection Base and Final times are the same until the low-pressure system drops off. Once it drops my injection compensations kicks so the right amount of fuel is delivered ā€“ without having to mess with the base fuel map (look at the fuel trims).

You can purchase my plug and play port injection wiring kit on my website -

https://www.viscontituning.com/coll...s/a90-a91-supra-sequential-port-injection-kit

26PSI LOW PRESSURE DROP Marked.png

30PSI LOW PRESSURE DROP - Marked.png

MOTIV REFLEX.jpg
Sponsored

ahmadqtr1

First Name
Ahmad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 gr supra
Thank you John. Very Informative thread. Already ordered it after my experience with your flex fuel kit & tune. My car pulls great with no issues. It made 517 whp on a hub dyno. Stock turbo. Stock fuel system.