Sponsored

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Toyota Tundra supercharged, 03 Acura cls-6
What does it all mean. I have a decent idea it arrived may 16 in port.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had a member here run my vin. He came up with this:
Nothing as far as port concerns. It does have alot of PPOs. hopefully they aren't waiting on them to be thrown in/on the vehicle before shipping.
Accessories:
3P: Paint Protection Film 3Z: FIRST AID KIT 7R: EMERGENCY KIT 9G: CARGO TOTE C1: CARPET CARGO MAT DA: DRIVER ASSIST PACKAGE DK: PREFERRED OWNER'S PORTFOLIO

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Hard to believe that car will be 5 months old by the time it gets to the customer. That is mind boggling to me. I hope it was taken care of while sitting at port all that time. They put a film on the horizontal surfaces, but I worry about vertical surfaces and other parts.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BTW, my M2 Comp was delayed an extra week at port because of a port installed accessory the dealer added on -- wheel locks. Kind of annoyed me an extra week was burned just so they could swap 4 lug bolts, especially since I didn't want that accessory.

Trojan1992

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS3, GT3, TRD Pro 4Runner and 2020 V60 Polestar T8
My RS3 was delayed 4 months because the EPA scandal with VW and the EPA wanted every t crossed and apparently Audi did not send in the proper paperwork in time. Like someone here I had prepaid for mine and had my title long before the car. All without ever driving the car once, just took a chance based on reviews....sort of like this car :) Hope I have the same luck.

Manny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86 & Lexus RC F
Its the same vin as the one I was given June 21st
582855407.jpg
The vin won’t change on the replacement car. All the port add ons will take a week, or less, to install.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Look at that 3 month jump from vessel arrival to plant...they had to build you a new car bro. I bet you.
If they built a new car there would be a whole new timeline, they wouldn't be mixing in old info and new info. I just searched that VIN from the BMW decoder and it still confirms all the same info and early 2019 production.

Toyotawild

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Its definitely a weird scenario when you look at the timeline. I'm going to look the car over very carefully and maybe even get an auto body guy to peek at it as well. Just to be sure.

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Its definitely a weird scenario when you look at the timeline. I'm going to look the car over very carefully and maybe even get an auto body guy to peek at it as well. Just to be sure.
You could bring along a paint thickness tester and do spot checks, but I suspect the delay is just a matter of bad planning and logistics. They just don't seem to have it together for this launch.

Dank Sinatra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 LE Supra
My dealer told me yesterday all they will tell them is my LE was flagged for inspection with no reason given...suppose to arrive on 8/19 now. Really hope there isn't an issue with the cars

Astral Tune

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
My dealer told me yesterday all they will tell them is my LE was flagged for inspection with no reason given...suppose to arrive on 8/19 now. Really hope there isn't an issue with the cars
Which state are you getting your supra from?

A90 Zero

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 BRZ, 2020 Supra
We have heard a number of reports of flagged for inspection or held for inspection.
They can't be inspecting everything. So they must have a few items of concern that they want to check.
How can we get more details on what is on their inspection list?
Sponsored