What did you do to your Supra today?

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
How much was the installation? How's the visibility at night, any distortion or haze?
~ The installation was just under $500. During the day it's crystal clear but honestly I haven't driven the car at night yet.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
~ The installation was just under $500. During the day it's crystal clear but honestly I haven't driven the car at night yet.
I've been quite tempted to do this for a while now. However, most PPF installers in my area have recommended against it because of the hazing and distortion, especially at night.

While I get free windshield replacements with my insurance company, I'd rather not deal with the hassle of replacing one to begin with.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

Danimal

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
- Oil change with LiquiMoly 5w-30 special tec and BMW filter (the massive oil stain on the garage floor was there when I started…😳)
- BMW factory air filter (found a K&N in there from previous owner 😒)
- Stoptech Z16 brake pads (drove to work and back today - NO DUST!!! 😍)
- Ate Typ 200 DOT 4 brake fluid flush with Motive power bleeder (yet brakes are suddenly soft as if I let air in somehow???)
- BMW factory charcoal cabin air filter
- Hand wash

This was over the last several days, but drove to work today and got to enjoy the car so it counts as ‘today’.

Also got lots of looks and thumbs-ups today - including a guy behind me at a light clearly mansplaining with hand gestures to the woman with him how the roof on the Supra is a double bubble.

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Does anyone know about CEL code 1E0001? (Idle Control:speed to high) I think this popped after I ran the coolant bleeder service in diagnostic mode. Test drives afterwards have been fine and I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that the service runs the engine to 3500rpm while it idles. I am not having any idle issues currently.

Edit: yes it was from bleeder service and it self cleared after a couple days

Last edited:

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
- Oil change with LiquiMoly 5w-30 special tec and BMW filter (the massive oil stain on the garage floor was there when I started…😳)
- BMW factory charcoal cabin air filter
- Hand wash
Do you have a link to the cabin air filter? how tough was the swap, should probably do mine!

Did you grab the liquimoly anywhere specific for the best price?

Is the hand wash the factory 0w-20 :cool:

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
Does anyone know about CEL code 1E0001? (Idle Control:speed to high) I think this popped after I ran the coolant bleeder service in diagnostic mode. Test drives afterwards have been fine and I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that the service runs the engine to 3500rpm while it idles. I am not having any idle issues currently.
Yup this popped when I ran the coolant bleed procedure after installing the CSF coolers
You can clear it with protools or bimmer code
Nothing to worry about

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Yup this popped when I ran the coolant bleed procedure after installing the CSF coolers
You can clear it with protools or bimmer code
Nothing to worry about
Thanks, glad to know that was the root cause and nothing to worry about. I tired Bimmerlink but it couldn't clear it. I was under the impression Bimmercode doesn't clear codes but I'll check later today and also try protools.

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Supra Matte Storm Gray
Gave it a bubble bath since it was a good boy at the track.

Driveway - 5-2-2024, 11.13 1.png
I almost want to get red mirror caps on mine to add a little more color to the matte gray especially since I've got red interior, now have the OEM+ front and rear matte badges with red S and wheel caps :hmm: