Wheels and tires package

tub54500

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT
Did anyone purchase a wheel and tire package from the dealership for your Supra ? If so how much did you pay for it? I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth it and for what price. Any help is appreciated ! 🙏🏼
Sponsored

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
I assume you mean the coverage for wheel and/or tire damage. I think I paid $425 for it for 4 or 5 years coverage.

OP
OP

tub54500

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT
I assume you mean the coverage for wheel and/or tire damage. I think I paid $425 for it for 4 or 5 years coverage.
Yeah I’m planning to pick up my car tomorrow and needed to know thank you so much ! On the website it’s kinda expensive so I was just wondering if it is negotiable

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I always decline it. Unless you're someone that constantly hits pot holes, gets flats, or runs into curbs I don't think it's worth it.

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
Yeah I’m planning to pick up my car tomorrow and needed to know thank you so much ! On the website it’s kinda expensive so I was just wondering if it is negotiable
It definitely is and you don’t have to buy it at the time of sale or from the selling dealer. You can contact other dealers and find their pricing. I had my dealer price-match a dealer in Texas.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Just say “NO” to the finance department up sales!

This is where they make the majority of dealer profits.

In addition to that… they are just going to straight and refinish your current wheels. A rarity for any real replacements. The finance department will tell you what you want hear to sell ya!

OP
OP

tub54500

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 MT
I always decline it. Unless you're someone that constantly hits pot holes, gets flats, or runs into curbs I don't think it's worth it.
It definitely is and you don’t have to buy it at the time of sale or from the selling dealer. You can contact other dealers and find their pricing. I had my dealer price-match a dealer in Texas.
Just say “NO” to the finance department up sales!

This is where they make the majority of dealer profits.

In addition to that… they are just going to straight and refinish your current wheels. A rarity for any real replacements. The finance department will tell you what you want hear to sell ya!
All a money grab. It's a scam. Don't do it.
thanks for the response guys!! unfortunately i live in philly and the roads are not that great. I had a good experience with the tire and wheel package when i had my civic type r. They usually just replace the whole tire when I got a hole in it which was kinda worth it to me if it happens like 3-4 times lol

Supradon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT
Did anyone purchase a wheel and tire package from the dealership for your Supra ? If so how much did you pay for it? I’m trying to figure out if it’s worth it and for what price. Any help is appreciated ! 🙏🏼
I purchased it knowing I may cancel it - but mine also covers cosmetic issues and the windshield - in addition to wheels and tires incidentals - which can be lucrative.

I paid $2500 for 5 years - probably too much but it’s 100% cancelable. Will say that if I have an issue, these are expensive tires and wheels and the ROI wouldn’t take too long to recoup.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
$2500???

You could easily find a set of takeoffs WITH tires for way less than that. Then store your minty oem wheels/tires.

Dealers love you guys.

Supradon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 Supra A91-MT
$2500???

You could easily find a set of takeoffs WITH tires for way less than that. Then store your minty oem wheels/tires.

Dealers love you guys.
It was one of those things that I said - ok immediately I’m apprehensive but I can cancel this thing anytime.

I usually NEVER buy that stuff.
No disagreements my side…! Definitely not advocating doing it, because I was and still am on the fence on even keeping it.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Not on the Supra but on my Chevy I actually gave in on an add on package. Why you ask? Cause it was $5 a month extra and it covers the wheels, tires and dents! Already got 2 dents so it was well worth it.
Sponsored