Young Driver Insurance Cost, Crazy Rates.

OP
OP
FlammasWRLD

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 NB Miata - 2024 Red 3.0 Premium MT - Ninja400
Hello from Sherman and welcome! šŸ‘‹ Unfortunately insurance sucks like that. It gets better after 25, even more so if youā€™re married. Divorces cost more than insurance though, so donā€™t get the wrong idea! šŸ˜†

Is your ā€˜24 white by chance? PM me if you want, I can give you some info on local agents and some ideas to get your rate lower.
I actually don't have it yet. It got built a couple weeks ago and It's been sitting in port over in Austria waiting for a ship. It's going to be a Red 2024 MT. What color is your car? if you're in Sherman I am sure I have seen you around.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FlammasWRLD

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I can attest to that. Drivers here are a weird mix of Chicago crazy and farmer drivers, with a side of butthurt if you pass themā€¦itā€™s the dumbest damn thing Iā€™ve seen. Not to mention the phone zombiesā€¦
Just today on the way to work some riced out Honda Civic got butthurt by this SUV. He cut them off and ran a red to make a point lol. I have had guns pointed at me because I didn't let them cut me off. Don't even get me started on the madness I see when I am on my Sport Bike o_O

OP
OP
FlammasWRLD

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hi OP, insurance rates for new drivers, especially male, unmarried, and below 25 (or so) are typically among highest. Location also matters a great deal because there is actuarial data tied to zip codes, etc. Loss rates based on the vehicle itself are probably nominal. Like others have suggested, defensive driving courses, multi-discount, and subscribing to vehicle telematics programs can help a bit with costs, as well as maxing out the deductible for collision and comprehensive. Would encourage you to keep shopping around for best rates, just know that it's going to be a few years (at least) of expensive premium payments. Also don't give insurance companies an excuse to jack up your premiums further...so chill, non-sporty driving is (unfortunately) your best friend on public roads. Good luck and congrats on the ride at such a young age!
haha, yeah I got my reckless driving out of the way my first two years driving. I get a little stupid on my bike sometimes, but in a 2000-3000lb+ car you're putting more than just yourself at risk. It's never worth it.

Slybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT (CU-L), 2017 1of1 Viper, othersā€¦
I actually don't have it yet. It got built a couple weeks ago and It's been sitting in port over in Austria waiting for a ship. It's going to be a Red 2024 MT. What color is your car? if you're in Sherman I am sure I have seen you around.
Nice! Reason I asked is because I turned down a ā€˜24 allocation in Bourbonnais thatā€™s white. My wifeā€™s ā€˜21 3.0 premium is white so wasnā€™t feeling the Twinkie car vibe. I ended up snagging (likely) the last delivered CU A91-MT. So either one of those prowl the area during car seasonā€¦sometimes both at the same time.

Slybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT (CU-L), 2017 1of1 Viper, othersā€¦
Just today on the way to work some riced out Honda Civic got butthurt by this SUV. He cut them off and ran a red to make a point lol. I have had guns pointed at me because I didn't let them cut me off. Don't even get me started on the madness I see when I am on my Sport Bike o_O
That doesnā€™t surprise me a bit. Havenā€™t had a gun thankfully, but I may be scary/surly enough to look like Iā€™d return the favor! Be safe on the bike my friend, they donā€™t tend to forgive. Whatā€™s your two-wheeled toy?

OP
OP
FlammasWRLD

FlammasWRLD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That doesnā€™t surprise me a bit. Havenā€™t had a gun thankfully, but I may be scary/surly enough to look like Iā€™d return the favor! Be safe on the bike my friend, they donā€™t tend to forgive. Whatā€™s your two-wheeled toy?
It's just a little Ninja 400 but it's treated me well. I wanted to start off on something small. I will be upgrading to a ZX6R next year now that I am a fairly decent rider. This thing already moves and is so easy to get your knee down on. Even with me at 300lbs 6ft1 its SUPER maneuverable.
bike.jpg

jageur

First Name
Jageur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium 6MT in Stratosphere
Just picked up my new 3.0 Premium MT, insurance with maximum coverage and payment insurance was $450 CAD/month. I was paying $280 CAD/month previously for my manual 2016 Subaru BRZ Hikari. Just turned 21, no accidents, no tickets.

I honestly was surprised, could be worse.

Deathfly7

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra
Not like car rates are much if any lower smart guy. Buying a 60k car over 5 years monthly outlay equals about a 250k monthly outlay for a 30 year property. And that is before tax, income and equity considerations, but keep thinking small brother.
You just proved my point. There is no such thing anymore as a 250k property.
Sponsored