2021 Supra stock at quaker city 1/4 slips

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
Isn't this insane? I'm on this section looking for tips and tricks on launching and to see if anyone else is experiencing this. I've been cursing Michelin's name since I bought this car and was just about ready to junk these tires at 2,000 miles out of frustration.

I actually tried launching in second tonite just to see how it was and it still spun! Granted, this was just on a local road, chilly night, no prepping anything, etc. But that's still ridiculous.

And the launch control is a joke.

I dug out my Dragy tonite just out of curiousity (again, local roads, full tire pressure, chilly night)...

12.36 @ 115.71
12.37 @ 116.06
12.44 @ 115.86

I have an AA catted DP and Armytrix cat-back. No tune. This car will run 11.9 with traction. I'm too ashamed to take this car to an actual track. Hard to believe my two cars before this were a 6MT R8 and a 6M Evora 400, and the car I can't launch is an automatic Supra. :thumbsdown:
What psi are the tires?
Sponsored

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
What psi are the tires?
Good question. Since the car is only 3 weeks old, I assumed the tire pressures were correct. I didn't look on the night I did the dragy runs, but it's behaved the same way since I bought it.

I checked yesterday and they were 39 psi cold and got up to 41 psi while driving.