Burger 13mm Spacer for 2021 A91 - Factory wheels in matte black

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
I ordered a set of Burger 13mm/15mm wheel spacers from my 2021 A91 with stock wheels a couple of weeks ago.
The spaced is marked as 13mm with correct hub diameter.

I removed front wheels and placed spacer on hub. Could not get the wheel on.

Took spacer on, laid wheel face down in grass and attempted to put spacer hub into wheel hub opening. It would not fit flush - close but not a simple "drop in".

I used a rubber mallet and a block of wood to tap the spacer into the wheel opening itself and then mount wheel to wheel hub. Is this normal? It does not seem so as this is not mentioned in the instructions. I did the fronts but did not try the back wheels yet. Have sent an email to Burger support asking for their input.

Has anyone else had this issue? I am hesitant to drive the car OR install the rears if this is something I should be concerned about. Any feedback would be appreciated..........
Sponsored

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
if it fits you’re fine
Thx. I actually just got an email from Burger Motorsports this morning (how's that for customer service!!) and said the same thing. Thx!

speaser

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91 MT SE, 2019 TRD 4runner
Do you like the way it looks? Considerable difference?

I scrape coming out of my driveway already with the stock suspension. I'd like to start with just the spacers (and not lowering). Was think maybe 20mm.

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do you like the way it looks? Considerable difference?

I scrape coming out of my driveway already with the stock suspension. I'd like to start with just the spacers (and not lowering). Was think maybe 20mm.
I do like the way that the tire is pushed out and fills the wheel way more. However - I also converted to a stud kit. I am re-thinking the stud kit. I really liked the way the stock lugs were more recessed into the wheel. With the stud kit and lugs that I bought - the lugs now stick out proud of the wheel lug recess hole. I have only done the front. My plan was to do the back wheels today or tomorrow when i get off work. I think on the back - I am going to just add the spacers and then the lug bolts that came with the spacers and see how that looks. I'll post some pics if.

I did 13mm on the front and have 15mm for the back. The 13mm in my opinion is ideal. The front (stock tires and wheels) are sitting flush now with wheel opening or maybe just a "teeny" bit proud. I think 20mm would be too much "poke" but if that's what you are going for. I've seen pics of spacer setups where it's flush and others with some "poke" - I like 'em both ways :)

YellowJackit

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MINI Clubman, 2023 BM X3, 2022 GR Supra
Not sure if a tap is required to get them on initially. Mine went on with ease....

Hope you added some anti-seize...

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not sure if a tap is required to get them on initially. Mine went on with ease....

Hope you added some anti-seize...
I did, but not between the spacer and the wheel or the wheel. I've not driven it yet so I may take them back off and see if I can remove them from the wheel and add the anti seize.

speaser

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91 MT SE, 2019 TRD 4runner
I do like the way that the tire is pushed out and fills the wheel way more. However - I also converted to a stud kit. I am re-thinking the stud kit. I really liked the way the stock lugs were more recessed into the wheel. With the stud kit and lugs that I bought - the lugs now stick out proud of the wheel lug recess hole. I have only done the front. My plan was to do the back wheels today or tomorrow when i get off work. I think on the back - I am going to just add the spacers and then the lug bolts that came with the spacers and see how that looks. I'll post some pics if.

I did 13mm on the front and have 15mm for the back. The 13mm in my opinion is ideal. The front (stock tires and wheels) are sitting flush now with wheel opening or maybe just a "teeny" bit proud. I think 20mm would be too much "poke" but if that's what you are going for. I've seen pics of spacer setups where it's flush and others with some "poke" - I like 'em both ways :)
I just ordered 15 and 20mm. If it seems a but much, I'll move the 15's to the back and order 13's for the front.

OP
OP
badwolfe

badwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just ordered 15 and 20mm. If it seems a but much, I'll move the 15's to the back and order 13's for the front.
Let me know how the 20mm on the back turn out. I'd like to see what that looks like.
Sponsored