Dealer Allocations

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘53 Chevy Truck, Looking to Buy a MKV
Yeah, the wife and I just went and looked at a 45th anniversary in white and a M/T but i really just want a premium 3.0 a/t and not worried about color. They told me $500 for an allocation spot but I wont be ready to buy until March so i didn’t put money down yet. According to this thread i need to do this asap or i wont get one by March….thoughts & suggestions? If it came in before March i would have to decline it due to promising the wife that i wouldn't buy till march.
Sponsored

SuprNova

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MT
I would say put down the deposit and if they call but it's not March yet, you can pass and they'll call you back when the next one comes in. I'd double check to make sure that's their process but the wait times are fairly long at a lot of dealers currently so I'd get on the waitlist as soon as you can.

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘53 Chevy Truck, Looking to Buy a MKV
Ok, thanks a lot for the advice!

I'm going to head to the stealership this weekend then.

Benzilla81

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 45th Supra / 2007 Mazdaspeed3
Yeah, the wife and I just went and looked at a 45th anniversary in white and a M/T but i really just want a premium 3.0 a/t and not worried about color. They told me $500 for an allocation spot but I wont be ready to buy until March so i didn’t put money down yet. According to this thread i need to do this asap or i wont get one by March….thoughts & suggestions? If it came in before March i would have to decline it due to promising the wife that i wouldn't buy till march.
Yeah, I have been waiting over 7 months now with absolutely ZERO movement in my spot at the 3 dealerships. Hopefully not too many others are having as much trouble as I am, but definitely expect a wait.

conFUcius-Says

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 45th Anniversary Mikan Blast
I’ve been waiting since Apr. 2023 for an Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium 8-speed from the first dealer I went to (closest to my house). Since then, I’ve worked with at least four or five between the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions (I cover up to DE from NC for work). Still waiting, even considering the Mikan color too. On principal, I refuse to pay any dealer markup and every time I come close to a dealer who has one in stock who’s willing to waive it, they find some enthusiast/sucker who’s willing to pay the markup just before EOM. Patience is a virtue they say, so I guess I’ll keep waiting o_O

djf

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT 45th Anniversary Edition
The dealership(s) I had an allocation with got 2 Supra's a month with random trims in a network of 50+ dealerships (not sure if each of the dealerships got the same amount as the one I worked with). I had an allocation for a '23 3.0 premium MT in June and in November I was told they couldn't get me one while I was 3rd on the list. They then moved me to a '24 premium MT but in February they got a 45h anniversary and gave me first dibs which I took. They didn't mark up at all besides their non-negotiable anti-theft and tint, but I also got some money off for complaining about the difficulties with the entire process.

I was also told that if I wanted an auto I could've gotten one within the month. But it's still entirely subjective to the dealer you're working with.

Best of luck with your purchase! Hoping they find you one ASAP.

conFUcius-Says

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 45th Anniversary Mikan Blast
The dealership(s) I had an allocation with got 2 Supra's a month with random trims in a network of 50+ dealerships (not sure if each of the dealerships got the same amount as the one I worked with). I had an allocation for a '23 3.0 premium MT in June and in November I was told they couldn't get me one while I was 3rd on the list. They then moved me to a '24 premium MT but in February they got a 45h anniversary and gave me first dibs which I took. They didn't mark up at all besides their non-negotiable anti-theft and tint, but I also got some money off for complaining about the difficulties with the entire process.

I was also told that if I wanted an auto I could've gotten one within the month. But it's still entirely subjective to the dealer you're working with.

Best of luck with your purchase! Hoping they find you one ASAP.
I saw you’re in Raleigh - which dealer did you work with? I’m wondering if I’m being too picky with colors?

djf

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra MT 45th Anniversary Edition
I saw you’re in Raleigh - which dealer did you work with? I’m wondering if I’m being too picky with colors?
I worked with Hendrick Toyota in Apex, but it was an overall negative experience. If you're also looking for a manual then the color probably wouldn't be why it's taking a while but color could be a factor too, not sure
Sponsored