Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the A90 Supra. Available now.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
I ask because I have the track version. It's not a straight pipe. It's resonated, just not muffled, which is why it has a nice tone but is very loud, and why they were able to tune some of the drone out of it. Don't get me wrong, by any measure it's loud, and it's boomy down low, but I personally don't think the system has a head-bursting drone like some other brands, even in their more tame systems. Watching their responses here, the only reason I can come up with as to why they don't seemingly ever recommend the track version - even for track cars - is that people get them and either have to buy the extra stuff to turn it into a touring exhaust, or that customers are pissed because it's louder than they were expecting (or more likely louder than their neighbors want when they leave the house every morning at 6am for work).
Thatā€™s more than likely why they donā€™t push the track exhaust but the touring IMO sounds better on all platforms but sound is subjective. On the Z06 and 392 the track was a legit straight pipe the Supra is resonated you are correct.
Sponsored

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Thatā€™s more than likely why they donā€™t push the track exhaust but the touring IMO sounds better on all platforms but sound is subjective. On the Z06 and 392 the track was a legit straight pipe the Supra is resonated you are correct.
Exhaust volume and tone is for sure subjective. Personally, I very much enjoy the track variant on this car. I think they nailed the sound. But I also really like true straight pipe exhausts on the C5-7 Vettes. šŸ˜†

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
I ask because I have the track version. It's not a straight pipe. It's resonated, just not muffled, which is why it has a nice tone but is very loud, and why they were able to tune some of the drone out of it. Don't get me wrong, by any measure it's loud, and it's boomy down low, but I personally don't think the system has a head-bursting drone like some other brands, even in their more tame systems. Watching their responses here, the only reason I can come up with as to why they don't seemingly ever recommend the track version - even for track cars - is that people get them and either have to buy the extra stuff to turn it into a touring exhaust, or that customers are pissed because it's louder than they were expecting (or more likely louder than their neighbors want when they leave the house every morning at 6am for work).
I can shed some light on that.

The Touring Edition is not muffled. Rather it has our patented drone-canceling 180 TechnologyĀ® resonators. They have a straight through design so you don't lose out on performance, but they work to cancel drone frequencies.

You are right that I recommend the Touring more often because most people I talk with are very conscious about drone or they are looking for something that sounds great but is not overpowering, and if so the Touring is the way to go. Also if anyone is running an aftermarket downpipe, the Touring helps to filter out those harsh frequencies that aftermarket pieces upstream can introduce.

That does not mean I don't enjoy the Track Edition, and if you like it more on the wild side then the Track Edition is certainly your recipe :thumbsup:

Last edited:

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
The Touring Edition is not muffled. Rather it has our patented drone-canceling 180 TechnologyĀ® resonators. They have a straight through design so you don't lose out on performance, but they work to cancel drone frequencies.
I'm assuming you mean the track edition in the above paragraph? The touring edition appears to have mufflers on the spec sheet

You are right that I recommend the Touring more often because most people I talk with are very conscious about drone or they are looking for something that sounds great but is not overpowering, and if so the Touring is the way to go. Also if anyone is running an aftermarket downpipe, the Touring helps to filter out those harsh frequencies that aftermarket pieces upstream can introduce.
Yeah, for sure I can understand re: aftermarket downpipes. I have an AA catted right now but will be installing an ER catless next week. Mated to the track exhaust, I expect it to be even louder, but still sound good due to the resonators. "Sounding good" is completely subjective, though. I love the volume and tone the track system puts out, personally. Regardless of if there's some harshness or rasp from the lack of a cat. Honestly, it's one of my favorite exhausts of all time that I've installed on any of my street or track cars.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I'm assuming you mean the track edition in the above paragraph? The touring edition appears to have mufflers on the spec sheet
Those arenā€™t mufflers, they are the drone cancelling bits. There are no mufflers on the touring version.

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
No Sir! Those are Helmholtz-style resonators, so if you were to hold them up you could see straight through them. Their main purpose in life is to crush drone. šŸ˜ˆ

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Those arenā€™t mufflers, they are the drone cancelling bits. There are no mufflers on the touring version.
No Sir! Those are Helmholtz-style resonators, so if you were to hold them up you could see straight through them. Their main purpose in life is to crush drone. šŸ˜ˆ
Thank you both for correcting me! I was obviously misinformed. I learned something today. šŸ˜„

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
Install video on Brian's manual Supra from Bros Fourr Speed. Brian went with the Resonated Touring Edition to accommodate his aftermarket DP and got interior and exterior sound clips.

For more info on AWE's options for Supra head right this way!