Rexpeed V7 Fenders vs. Sayber Design Fenders

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
Was cruising around SpeedIndustry.com to see what I can waste my hard earned money on and noticed that Rexpeed came out with a new design fender that looks awfully a lot like the Sayber Design fenders. There are a few write ups on the Sayber fenders on here so I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with the Rexpeed V7 fenders or has any pictures of it installed. I'm interested to see compare the two as I was originally all about the Sayber fenders but seeing if there is one that has better "fitment" than they do.

https://sayberdesign.com/collections/gr-supra/products/gr-supra-formula7-front-fenders-a90
https://www.rexpeed.net/2012/en/product_detail.php?serial=797
Sponsored

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
They’ll both leave a huge gap between the wheel well liner and the fender.

A ton of junk gets thrown into that cavity.

So I’d say both are a poor design
 I own the Sayber ones btw and am removing them soon.

OP
OP
AutoDelight

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They’ll both leave a huge gap between the wheel well liner and the fender.

A ton of junk gets thrown into that cavity.

So I’d say both are a poor design
 I own the Sayber ones btw and am removing them soon.
Did you just istall the fender or cut some slits in the wheel well liner as well? I was thinking of trying to enclose the vent with some ABS to make a duct to the liner. As you have the fenders, does it seem fesible?

Do you have some pictures that you can post of the fender up close, fitment, the opening, etc?

I've had my eye on carbon versions of the Sayber's.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/185559759388

1694986590182.png
From what i've seen on here, the Saybers look great but the opening is definitely huge. I was looking through this thread on here and I'm having a love hate relationship with it. Design looks awesome but as mentioned above, a lot of things can get behind there.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/bens-supra-build.6808/page-2

Every single Rexspeed item is a copy of another companies. They are a Chinese IP theft company, they only do cheap copies of real items.
I had a feeling this was the case. When i went to their "official" website, it didn't have that legit feel to it. Has anyone had any good experience with Rexpeed? When looking through their stuff, I saw the Aimgain replicas and was like "oh, they just do replicas of everything".

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Did you just istall the fender or cut some slits in the wheel well liner as well? I was thinking of trying to enclose the vent with some ABS to make a duct to the liner. As you have the fenders, does it seem fesible?

Do you have some pictures that you can post of the fender up close, fitment, the opening, etc?

From what i've seen on here, the Saybers look great but the opening is definitely huge. I was looking through this thread on here and I'm having a love hate relationship with it. Design looks awesome but as mentioned above, a lot of things can get behind there.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/bens-supra-build.6808/page-2

I had a feeling this was the case. When i went to their "official" website, it didn't have that legit feel to it. Has anyone had any good experience with Rexpeed? When looking through their stuff, I saw the Aimgain replicas and was like "oh, they just do replicas of everything".
The gap is really big, it wouldn’t be all that easy to fill it in. I used gaffer tape but it tends to randomly come off when it gets hot. lol

OP
OP
AutoDelight

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
Spent around 80 hours fixing the Sayber fenders and 100% don't reccommend them to anyone.
20230611_202756.jpg

Han_Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 2.0 Stratosphere Blue
Has anyone tried these?

https://gramotoring.com/products/supra-a90-gr1-fenders

Has a cover to make it look like a ducted fender. Might be a good alternative to not have the inside of the fender exposed.
Has anyone tried these?

https://gramotoring.com/products/supra-a90-gr1-fenders

Has a cover to make it look like a ducted fender. Might be a good alternative to not have the inside of the fender exposed.
I've never seen the GRA fender covers before. I like the look of those. Thanks for sharing

OP
OP
AutoDelight

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Spent around 80 hours fixing the Sayber fenders and 100% don't reccommend them to anyone.
20230611_202756.jpg
They look really good from your picture but what is it about them you don't like? It looks like you cut the fender liner as well, were you able to do anything to cover the exposure? Nice touch too on the honey comb grille. If i were to get this, i was planning on doing the same.

I have them.
46805B13-329B-44E6-92D0-6798F2803E93.jpeg
Those look gorgeous, got any other shots of the fender up close? I'm interested in also seeing the "duct" opening as well. Did you put any grille on it or left it open? How was the install/fitment on these? I'm assuming fender liner has to get cut to accommodate the shape of the fender, was there any issue getting it attached to the fender?

If I go with this option, i'll paint the fender and cover body color and see if the shop can mold the cover to the fender to make it seem one piece.

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
They look really good from your picture but what is it about them you don't like? It looks like you cut the fender liner as well, were you able to do anything to cover the exposure? Nice touch too on the honey comb grille. If i were to get this, i was planning on doing the same.
They came in damaged. (cracked)
They fit like poo. (Stay 5ft back)
The bodylines are severly rounded off or did not line up (took some effort for sharpen up, 80% better now.)
The cut opening is severly thin and the "blade" wiggles, causing the cracking.

When I say 80 hours. I MEAN 80 HOURS of doing bodywork/paint, which I do professionally. A lot of that was reglassing the backside, strengthening tabs, sucking in the center to match the door, getting the grill fabricated, and modifiying the windshield washer resivor to clear it all.

If you were to pay a shop to spend even 40-50 hours (at $145/hour) on then you would be looking at around 5k minimum. Add on the fenders costing $900+ shipping and a shops billable materials cost... ugh! Part of the reason it took me so long to get the project done, having had them in the basement for almost 3 years now.

They offered a measly amount for a refund and blew off my attempts to return the fenders. Even if Caleb has cool as designs, my business is lost for good.

The design is great IMO but, I'd rather buy the rexpeed knockoffs. Your spending on a lot of money on what is essentially 1/2 a fender for it to not be ready to paint out the box.

The liner is out in that pic. I ended up cutting slots in the top to make it semi-functional without allowing too much gunk inside.

Here is some of the before pics. The black os a primer (black gelcoat) I put on it after repaing the cracks and prior to fitting. It was very hard to tell with the white gelcoat they came with. Black reveals all. Ugly!

20230606_194944.jpg

20230606_185713.jpg

20230606_190856.jpg

SooopraSD

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2005 Titan, 1993 Civic, 2003 CBR600RR

Those look gorgeous, got any other shots of the fender up close? I'm interested in also seeing the "duct" opening as well. Did you put any grille on it or left it open? How was the install/fitment on these? I'm assuming fender liner has to get cut to accommodate the shape of the fender, was there any issue getting it attached to the fender?

If I go with this option, i'll paint the fender and cover body color and see if the shop can mold the cover to the fender to make it seem one piece.
Fitment it good other than one of the covers had a slight “twist” to it so one corner doesn’t quite sit flush to the fender. May just be the cover I received but nothing that can’t be fixed with a little two sided tape or glue. I didn’t put no grill. Left it open. No rock chips. I can take a closer picture later this evening.
484D33DB-0BDB-4567-9F1A-4A83AA907CB0.jpeg
Sponsored