This car rekindled my love to just drive.

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I remember way back when I use to "go out for a drive". No car recently has made me want to just go drive it. They have all been simply appliances. They had a purpose and I didn't use them beyond chores, work and needing to go get things. Today I was sitting here and I was hey lets go for a drive. No destination, no reason, just to go drive. Its such an easy car to drive. Took a long winding up the mountain road and it just handles so well and almost steers it self around the bends. Driving has become fun again instead of a mundane chore.
Sponsored

Bruins71

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, Highlander,Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
I remember way back when I use to "go out for a drive". No car recently has made me want to just go drive it. They have all been simply appliances. They had a purpose and I didn't use them beyond chores, work and needing to go get things. Today I was sitting here and I was hey lets go for a drive. No destination, no reason, just to go drive. Its such an easy car to drive. Took a long winding up the mountain road and it just handles so well and almost steers it self around the bends. Driving has become fun again instead of a mundane chore.
I agree -I never had a nice car - for some reason I started following the development of this car in 2016 and well the rest is a love story...
But yes I love driving now - I take the long way home from golf or work and after supper many nights my wife and I go for a spin and grab a coffee !
It doesn’t matter if it’s country roads or a bit of highway driving- I love just being in it !
Oh and the attention it gets makes it fun too.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Way back when I use to "go out for a drive". No car recently has made me want to just go drive it. They have all been simply appliances. They had a purpose and I didn't use them beyond chores, work and needing to go get things. Today I was sitting here and I was hey lets go for a drive. No destination, no reason, just to go drive. Its such an easy car to drive. Took a long winding up the mountain road and it just handles so well and almost steers it self around the bends. Driving has become fun again instead of a mundane chore.
You’re in NC: I hope you have done or will do Tail of the Dragon. I did it with a group of 370Z folks (back when I had a 370Z) and it was a blast. I had driven it perhaps 100 times while in grad school while doing field work in the area, but a half-ton Chevy full of water samples wasn’t quite the same.

of course, now is probably not the best time to drive it - at least not on summer tires. Cars coincident with trees not uncommon on the best of days.

OP
OP

Retrocade

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
You’re in NC: I hope you have done or will do Tail of the Dragon. I did it with a group of 370Z folks (back when I had a 370Z) and it was a blast. I had driven it perhaps 100 times while in grad school while doing field work in the area, but a half-ton Chevy full of water samples wasn’t quite the same.

of course, now is probably not the best time to drive it - at least not on summer tires. Cars coincident with trees not uncommon on the best of days.
I've been but... Living here you know where the good places are. The tail of the dragon is the tourist road for the most part. There are many many better roads with less traffic and less speed traps . I live right down road from one. The tail of the dragon is for beginners LOL.. Come visit me one day Ill take you on a real drive :). Just yanking your chain tail of the dragon is awesome but there is better if ya know where to look and no tourists.

Devils-Whip.jpg
Sponsored