Vanos help ?

Adsali03

First Name
Adsy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW b48
Hi All, I was getting a sonar electric sound beeping on a cold start and it would go away when the engine temperate reached normal. Gave the car into the garage and there were no faults stored or the engine management light before this. The garage carried out their investigations and found the vanos solenoid apart number 11367614288 needing replaced which they done and then carried out the ISTA teach process for the new vanos solenoid. Drove the car away and the next morning on a cold start, the engine started to judder(felt like it was going to cut out) when the revs dropped down (600-700rpm)on idle and automatically the car increased to 800-900rpm. Waited for the car to heat up and drove off. The next day, I experienced the same and then the engine management light came on when I drove for 30secs. Took it back to the garage and they advised to change the engine oil and oil filter(geniune BMW parts used ). Carried out the reset on the ISTA (vanos adapations and cleared the fault codes). The codes have re-appeared with the engine management light on
130713 vanos solenoid valve , inlet position not reached
130715 vanos solenoid valve inlet camshaft jammed
Sponsored