A90 Supra Brake Pads / Rotors / Fluid

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
If I’m trail braking properly, I can get a lot more out of my pads. Thus the Hawks have been pretty damn good. I would like to try the project mu’s sometime.
I'd like to try them as well. They have a pretty similar price point albeit it's Mu is a bit less than DTC60s. If they don't dust as much as the hawks maybe they'd make a nice street pad.

My housemate had them on his s2k and really likes them although his rears are literally crumbling after 7ish events at pitt race/midohio. That being said, s2ks are notorious for beating the hell out of their rears.

Something funny though, is if we're driving somewhere together and brake at similar effort with similar heat in them the squeal almost harmonizes 😂
Sponsored

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
What do you dislike about them?
  1. They make a horrific sound on the street. Yes, I know track pads do this. However, the PMU's work well for me on track and have excellent street manners, so since I know there is a pad that works well on track (for me and the tracks I go to) and doesn't make my car sound like a trash truck on the street... well...
  2. They feel like light switches. Very little room to modulate compared to the PMU. I constantly go into ABS with these. Very very touchy.
  3. Dust like a rabid parrot. Yes, I know track pads do this, see #1 again.
  4. Price point is horrible. I can literally purchase three sets of front/rear PMU pads for the price of one set of CSG. I don't see this changing, given the amount of people in the echo chamber.

mojo_jojo77777

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Ah that's a shame, I used to alternate ATE gold/blue to ensure full flush without wasting too much. What do people do nowadays?
I loved ATE blue. lol. I remember when they stopped selling, I stocked up on a few cans and it really made flushing a breeze.

Now, maybe my eyesight is just getting worse, but when I flush, I will usually overdo each corner and use up majority of 2L while flushing. Just to ensure I got old fluid out. I dont mind since I bought all my fluid from FCP euro, so its really not costing me anything to waste little more during flushes.

mojo_jojo77777

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
  1. They make a horrific sound on the street. Yes, I know track pads do this. However, the PMU's work well for me on track and have excellent street manners, so since I know there is a pad that works well on track (for me and the tracks I go to) and doesn't make my car sound like a trash truck on the street... well...
  2. They feel like light switches. Very little room to modulate compared to the PMU. I constantly go into ABS with these. Very very touchy.
  3. Dust like a rabid parrot. Yes, I know track pads do this, see #1 again.
  4. Price point is horrible. I can literally purchase three sets of front/rear PMU pads for the price of one set of CSG. I don't see this changing, given the amount of people in the echo chamber.
I'm sure you're referencing the Project Mu Club Racers or higher spec, but do you happen to have any insight on the Project Mu HC-CS?

I actually received my set in, and from my understanding, should be decent "hybrid pad" that has decent street manners but can handle SOME track use. I daily my Supra around 20k-ish miles per year, and maybe only go to track a few times per year.

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I'm sure you're referencing the Project Mu Club Racers or higher spec, but do you happen to have any insight on the Project Mu HC-CS?

I actually received my set in, and from my understanding, should be decent "hybrid pad" that has decent street manners but can handle SOME track use. I daily my Supra around 20k-ish miles per year, and maybe only go to track a few times per year.
I used a set of HC+ 800 pads years ago on the rear of my Evo. Seemed okay but rear pads don't do much anyway. TLDR: I dunno. ;)

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Ah that's a shame, I used to alternate ATE gold/blue to ensure full flush without wasting too much. What do people do nowadays?
I loved ATE blue. lol. I remember when they stopped selling, I stocked up on a few cans and it really made flushing a breeze.

Now, maybe my eyesight is just getting worse, but when I flush, I will usually overdo each corner and use up majority of 2L while flushing. Just to ensure I got old fluid out. I dont mind since I bought all my fluid from FCP euro, so its really not costing me anything to waste little more during flushes.
I’ve used ATE DOT4 fluid w/out any problems. But will flush out the dirty fluid after, just like you. The Castrol SRF definitely can go longer with the higher wet temp, between flushes. Never hurts keeping your fluid fresh by bleeding.

I'd like to try them as well. They have a pretty similar price point albeit it's Mu is a bit less than DTC60s. If they don't dust as much as the hawks maybe they'd make a nice street pad.

My housemate had them on his s2k and really likes them although his rears are literally crumbling after 7ish events at pitt race/midohio. That being said, s2ks are notorious for beating the hell out of their rears.

Something funny though, is if we're driving somewhere together and brake at similar effort with similar heat in them the squeal almost harmonizes 😂
My Hawks make little noise in town, stop great at the track and like Bryan, at ½ the cost of some other pads. I still want to try the project mu’s sometime since Bryan has had such good success with them.

IMG_4339.jpeg

Beat my previous track time with braking less & more trail braking. Tried making a full weekend on them. Wife & I driving double duty. So they were getting their fair share of track time. Hindsight is 20/20, I should have brought another set of fronts to the track. Will do that next time 😉

Last edited:

Yli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Where is everyone picking up their project mu club racers? Seems like most places are back ordered. :(

DCRBOOST

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 Integra Type R, 2023 Toyota Supra
Where is everyone picking up their project mu club racers? Seems like most places are back ordered. :(
Evasive Motorsports looks like they have them in stock.

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Evasive Motorsports looks like they have them in stock.
I've had fronts on order since 11/6 and they are not shipped yet. They said 3-4 weeks on the day I ordered and they still haven't shipped. I'm not in a rush for them but I don't think they're in stock.

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
I've had fronts on order since 11/6 and they are not shipped yet. They said 3-4 weeks on the day I ordered and they still haven't shipped. I'm not in a rush for them but I don't think they're in stock.
I ordered about the same time and was originally told mid nov but checked and was told end of dec - so it’s getting close again…

Yli

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I ordered about the same time and was originally told mid nov but checked and was told end of dec - so it’s getting close again…
Last I heard was mid Jan...

Might just pick up a set of dtc-60/30 for my first few track days this year.

neverknowsbest

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Ran dtc 60/30 for 6 events this year and no complaints on track with them. Off track they are quite noisy, which is strange because I ran 60's on my previous car and they were silent.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Last I heard was mid Jan...

Might just pick up a set of dtc-60/30 for my first few track days this year.
Lotta pad for the money. I’d like to try the project mu.
https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/...er-brake-pads-front-toyota-supra-a90-30-2020/
If that’s the right pad, great price as well!

Ran dtc 60/30 for 6 events this year and no complaints on track with them. Off track they are quite noisy, which is strange because I ran 60's on my previous car and they were silent.
Probably depends on the weather & temp. Now that we’re a pinch colder, I do hear them more often. But typically, not much at all in hot & humid conditions (in town).