Formula 1 Talk

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Happy for Lando. It was long overdue. McLaren seemed like they made a big step forward. But RedBull is always bad on street circuits. Imola will be interesting to see if they're still close. But this season isn't over yet, that's for sure.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Happy for Lando. It was long overdue. McLaren seemed like they made a big step forward. But RedBull is always bad on street circuits. Imola will be interesting to see if they're still close. But this season isn't over yet, that's for sure.
So happy for Lando 🥳 Max was like a proud papa. Surely Max wasn’t sandbagging… was he?!? I told my wife it was perfect safety car timing. But still, Max wasn’t gaining like he usually does. It was like Adrian Newey turned off the RB Super Phreak switch already.

And was every driver congratulating Lando for winning or was it for someone finally beating Max?

Last edited:
OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
With every team & mogul with money trying to breakup RB, any chance they will be able to do just that before year end? This seems to be the only thing on the mind of everyone in the sport 😔 - we can’t let Max continue to run away like that. Change the rules, break up the team, do something dammit!!!! 😂
Red Bull internal power struggles seem to be helping that along more than external forces.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
So happy for Lando 🥳 Max was like a proud papa. Surely Max wasn’t sandbagging… was he?!? I told my wife it was perfect safety car timing. But still, Max wasn’t gaining like he usually does. It was like Adrian Newey turned off the RB Super Phreak switch already.

And was every driver congratulating Lando for winning or was it for someone finally beating Max?
Max's floor was damaged from his little trip killing that bollard lol.
The Safety Car gave Lando his free stop. If the Safety Car had picked up Lando instead of Max, Lando would've rejoined in 2nd or 3rd. But, like Max said, it's racing, it happens. Glad that POS track is done with, Miami really sucks. Bring on the proper tracks.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Wonder if McLaren is the real deal now (loving Lando’s success btw) or Red Bull, having a slump? If Max & Checo are both staying next year? Lotta IFs. Monza was boring until Max and Lando started duking it out.

Monaco will be more of the same. Beautiful. Lots of history. But still too small of a track for these higher speed modern cars. Gotta say, I can’t wait for Vegas this year 🎲

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Wonder if McLaren is the real deal now (loving Lando’s success btw) or Red Bull, having a slump? If Max & Checo are both staying next year? Lotta IFs. Monza was boring until Max and Lando started duking it out.

Monaco will be more of the same. Beautiful. Lots of history. But still too small of a track for these higher speed modern cars. Gotta say, I can’t wait for Vegas this year 🎲
I tend to think McLaren's performance is the real deal. Much like the end of last season, the pack is starting to close in on Red Bull. I don't think it's necessarily that RB or Max/Checo are in a slump, I just think the others are advancing at a bit higher rate than them, and there has been a bit of luck involved as well.

One has to think that maybe RB has put more funds into the 2026 car development than others and that might explain why the other teams are getting closer. Which would make sense because what's the point in winning every race by 20 seconds if it means at the next big regulation change you're behind the eight ball due to keeping that gap so large. So they likely are okay giving up a bit of time on track if it means they'll sustain their top status beyond 2025. But it certainly is a hard thing to manage because they have no input or knowledge of how much the teams are advancing the current cars for the current season, so I feel they are caught a bit off guard with McLaren catching up so fast this season. One would expect RB will have more upgrades ahead that will secure the titles for both driver (Max) and constructors.

The other big thing with this season is just how poorly Mercedes and Aston Martin have been. Both seem to be in no mans land and almost resigned to being 4th and 5th in constructors. Don't be shocked if both write off this season and possibly next in order to be more competitive in 2026.

Then we have Ferrari, which seem to be doing a much better job with strategy and reliability so far this season. Makes you hopeful that next season adding Lewis might bring them into being contenders again. Would certainly make for more exciting races with the Prancing Horse consistently winning races.

Monaco is by far the worst race of the season. It was fine back when the cars were about half the size they are now, but with how wide and long these cars are it's extremely hard to pass on this track. I get there is a lot of history, and drivers love it, not to mention the ultra wealthy who attend this event, but the product on the track should be the main focus, and unfortunately it just hasn't been the best spot for good racing in awhile. That being said, last seasons race with the rain making an appearance at least gave some much needed entertainment and unpredictability, so fingers crossed rain is in the forecast for the race again this year.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI

McLaren is the real deal. I'm so excited to see them take it to RB, though I've been a Max fan for 8 years 😂

Norris and Piastri are top tier.

As most know, Redbull hardly gets any dev / wind tunnel time compared to others, so its no surprise to see the catch-up.
Sponsored