Passenger Restraint system error

Supra_Gus

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
What tool do you need to erase the passenger restraint system error after removal of the stock seat? Or is this only something the dealer can erase?

want to remove the pass seat for track days and reinstall after but hate the error it throws

TIA
Sponsored

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Is it not possible with OBDLink dongle and Bimmerlink app?

OP
OP
Supra_Gus

Supra_Gus

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Is it not possible with OBDLink dongle and Bimmerlink app?
Bimmercode and OBDLink don’t work on removing the error. I had to take it to the dealer last time and got charge $149. Want to avoid that, or at least buy a tool that can remove it

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Black e-tape? :ninja:

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
There are dummy resistors you can put in place of the squib. This is how it is done for miata. Maybe supra is too smart?

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Dealer can remove but if you'll be doing it every track day then the BimmerLINK app with a compatible OBDII device will remove the airbag light. (I know from experience)

There are dummy resistors you can put in place of the squib. This is how it is done for miata. Maybe supra is too smart?
Miata yes, but Supra and newer 2014+ BMWs no (at least not that I know of). Most people code the restraint/srs out (not sure which options you need to disable though) when they have aftermarket seats.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Sounds like anti-vaccers..

• Haha
Reactions: zrk

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
Dealer can remove but if you'll be doing it every track day then the BimmerLINK app with a compatible OBDII device will remove the airbag light. (I know from experience)

Miata yes, but Supra and newer 2014+ BMWs no (at least not that I know of). Most people code the restraint/srs out (not sure which options you need to disable though) when they have aftermarket seats.
So by coding out the airbag light/restraint/srs it will get rid of the error but will the airbag and still deploy and such?

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
So by coding out the airbag light/restraint/srs it will get rid of the error but will the airbag and still deploy and such?
I don't have an answer to that but when I had my M2 I did some research as I wanted recaros; bimmercode will not have the ability to adjust the SRS/safety (not even in expert mode). You needed E-Sys software.

These guys here have been doing SRS coding for aftermarket seats on BMW:

https://www.codemybimmer.ca/contact/

I'm curious if they'll do Supra as it's essentially same system.
Sponsored