“Impossible” to reset oil change—Can anyone help?

TimGym

First Name
TimGym
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
A friend who has a 2020 launch edition Supra is having a problem I’m hoping someone can solve. He constantly has a notification that he needs an oil change. He and I both have tried to reset it using the diagnostic mode and little button on the dash and it actually says’impossible to reset’. I’ve successfully reset the oil change notification on my 2022 so am puzzled why this is happening. The dealership is unable to do it either and they just lost their Supra certified technician. Can anyone help?
Sponsored

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Either of these help?
Make sure the date is correct and that the hood is completely closed.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
A friend who has a 2020 launch edition Supra is having a problem I’m hoping someone can solve. He constantly has a notification that he needs an oil change. He and I both have tried to reset it using the diagnostic mode and little button on the dash and it actually says’impossible to reset’. I’ve successfully reset the oil change notification on my 2022 so am puzzled why this is happening. The dealership is unable to do it either and they just lost their Supra certified technician. Can anyone help?
Your going to need to reset it using bimmer link or Toyota scan tool.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/oil-maintenance-reset-light-“impossible”.7534/page-3

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA