OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
At least the catastrophic dumpster fire called "Toyota/Lexus Infotainment Systems" did better than the iDrive system (in this one specific area). Sadly that's their only check mark in the "wins" column IMO.

You could solve all your problems by just driving the damn car... I put as many miles on mine each month as you have in 3 years! :p
4 years. lol And yeah, the Toyota/lexus makes it super easy to reset the maintenance lights….
it’s my 3rd car so it really never gets used…: lol 😂
Sponsored

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
4 years. lol And yeah, the Toyota/lexus makes it super easy to reset the maintenance lights….
it’s my 3rd car so it really never gets used…: lol 😂
WTF man! Take her out every weekend at least. At this point you should have just purchased a rolling chassis and called it an "automotive sculpture". :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
WTF man! Take her out every weekend at least. At this point you should have just purchased a rolling chassis and called it an "automotive sculpture". :rolleyes:
I wish I had the time man… 🥲

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
He’s too scared to drive it. 😋

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Was that hard to do? I have the same one
Actually it’s tricky bc it made me clear out some temporary error messages first before it would alllow me to do it….
It will tell you tho.

I posted the error message below if you don’t clear out some of the messsages..

SKILMATIC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5
I can confirm that draining the oil has nothing to do with the “reset oil” maintenance issue. I am just shy of 500 miles and did an oil change. And it’s still “impossible” to reset the oil change.

I’ve read on here I need to get the bimmerlink app on ios in order to reset it? is that correct? I have jb4. I was hoping I could do it on there somehow.

Anyways, is bimmerlink app my only option?

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I can confirm that draining the oil has nothing to do with the “reset oil” maintenance issue. I am just shy of 500 miles and did an oil change. And it’s still “impossible” to reset the oil change.

I’ve read on here I need to get the bimmerlink app on ios in order to reset it? is that correct? I have jb4. I was hoping I could do it on there somehow.

There may be other ways but BimmerLink is the easiest/simplest method.

OP
OP
Axix23

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA

you can go to Toyota and have them reset with their scan tool, buy your own super expensive scan tool, wait for time/miles, or reset the date to a year back…

SKILMATIC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5
you can go to Toyota and have them reset with their scan tool, buy your own super expensive scan tool, wait for time/miles, or reset the date to a year back…
Yea umm I like to avoid the stealership at all costs other than to buy the damn car lmao. And I think I will just do the whole bimmerlink thing. Looks like it can be useful anyway.

Last edited:

SKILMATIC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5
I went ahead and ordered that OBDlinkCX and going to download bimmercode on my ios so I can take care of these maintenance lights. If I have any issues I will report back.

Thanks for the info so far.

Btw I just noticed you are in GA. What part? I am in waycross.
Sponsored