šŸ‘£ Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yea, i couldn't watch the whole thing. ?
Thank YT for thumbnails and seek. Took me 5 sec to skip and conclude it's worthless :D
Sponsored

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Thank YT for thumbnails and seek. Took me 5 sec to skip and conclude it's worthless :D
Thank you for saving me 6 min of my life haha

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
The power bump everyone keeps talking about?

https://www.carscoops.com/2022/03/b...-new-540i-740i-and-others-with-around-370-hp/

A report from BMW Blog states that the new and improved B58 engine will build upon the current 335 hp variant and pump out approximately 370 hp. Interestingly, dyno testing of the outgoing B58 has revealed that BMW understates its power figures and that it actually produces around 335 hp at the wheels and not at the crank. As such, it is possible that the new 370 hp mill may be more powerful than officially stated.

BMW will also use this upgraded B58 engine to replace the aforementioned 382 hp variant. BMW Blog speculates that this version of the straight-six will have around 400 hp and will also benefit from a number of other upgrades to provide it with better thermal management while also being more responsive and more efficient. Among the upgrades thought to have been made are a larger turbocharger and a revised intake manifold.

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
I didnā€™t read all 17 pages so if posted before sorry. The car will have about a 40% production rate in manuals. Will also see another HP bump as well. Both confirmed at the Las Vegas show last year. Sorry no proof as phones are taken as u enter meeting
I mentioned this and was made fun of so I just deleted my message, glad to see someone else was there as well. Itā€™s a fact that the manual is coming.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Hopefully the production shutdown isn't going to delay the 2023 announcement too much. Between the potential power bump and the manual I can't wait

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
the potential power bump
wouldnā€™t count on that. Didnā€™t whatā€™s-his-name say he can either work on more power or new transmission one at a time? We chose POWA first (47hp jump)

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
wouldnā€™t count on that. Didnā€™t whatā€™s-his-name say he can either work on more power or new transmission one at a time? We chose POWA first (47hp jump)
Hard to tell but BMW already has both a manual and automatic that can handle the extra power on the s58 motor.

BMW will also use this upgraded B58 engine to replace the aforementioned 382 hp variant. BMW Blog speculates that this version of the straight-six will have around 400 hp and will also benefit from a number of other upgrades to provide it with better thermal management while also being more responsive and more efficient. Among the upgrades thought to have been made are a larger turbocharger and a revised intake manifold.
It will be interesting to see what these will do with a tune.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
It will be interesting to see what these will do with a tune.
I believe they are talking about the S55, which BMW themselves said they will not be sharing with Toyota. I wouldnā€™t expect a power bump till all future b58 cars get it

If they are not talking about an entire different engine then Iā€™d like a link to the article, thereā€™s a 5% chance they have some real references that Iā€™d like to read over

A-I

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkIV TT 6-speed (sold), EVO6 RSII (sold), Audi S4 (current)
Any chance the new models (with manual box) will have all the automotive fakery removed from them?
In as much as the fake vents etc?

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Probably like how the 2020 owners reacted when the 2021 models was announced.
Until they realized their engines DIDNT have any chance of issues lol

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
Any word on that Targa? That's not actually happening is it?

Manual is good news and would have certainly made me a buyer a couple of years ago. At this point I've bought something else because they wouldn't offer me what I wanted. Now it might take a Targa to sway me.

Buuut a manual Supra would be a more useful toy than what I've got, so I'll definitely be considering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.