A90 Supra Brake Pads / Rotors / Fluid

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Yeah we sell the PMU too, ETA was November, still not here..

-Josh
I’ll definitely buy from you! I still want to try them. Esp with my new brake ducts. Looking forward to see how long they last (counting track days) vs the Hawk DTC 60s.

Do you sell Hawk as well Josh? And if so, do you know if/when they’re coming out with DTC70 or 80s for our Supra stock 3.0 liter calipers. I need another set of front pads anyways. Down to my last spare set.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Won a set of DTC60/30s from local track org. Looks like the DTC60 is backordered two months.

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I’ll definitely buy from you! I still want to try them. Esp with my new brake ducts. Looking forward to see how long they last (counting track days) vs the Hawk DTC 60s.

Do you sell Hawk as well Josh? And if so, do you know if/when they’re coming out with DTC70 or 80s for our Supra stock 3.0 liter calipers. I need another set of front pads anyways. Down to my last spare set.
Yeah I have the Hawk 60 front and 30 rear in stock now. No word on the 70/80s yet officially..

-Josh

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah I have the Hawk 60 front and 30 rear in stock now. No word on the 70/80s yet officially..

-Josh
My man! Do I go on the website or order from you? I have 2 rears and need another 60 for the front 😃

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
FYI P-Mu Club racers are still on indefinite backorder. I was going to buy a set of rears and I called the vendor I ordered my fronts with back in Nov and they said still no ETA and they have orders still open from August. I told them I'm not in a rush and to keep the order in. I didn't end up ordering rears. They recommended I check in with them in 3-4 weeks. Don't hold it against your vendor, it's definitely an issue on the production side. They said the last shipment they received was barely anything and I'm pretty sure that shipment was a few months ago based on the context of what the rep was saying.

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
FYI P-Mu Club racers are still on indefinite backorder. I was going to buy a set of rears and I called the vendor I ordered my fronts with back in Nov and they said still no ETA and they have orders still open from August. I told them I'm not in a rush and to keep the order in. I didn't end up ordering rears. They recommended I check in with them in 3-4 weeks. Don't hold it against your vendor, it's definitely an issue on the production side. They said the last shipment they received was barely anything and I'm pretty sure that shipment was a few months ago based on the context of what the rep was saying.
same hear but ordered front/rear. told it might be mid February which is fine for now.

NINaudio

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
What's a good Dot 4 brake fluid for a novice track goer who does 2 or 3 track events a year? I'm hearing lots of talk about Motul RBF series being trash. Is Stoptech Str 600 a better option than RBF 600?

ky.supra

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What's a good Dot 4 brake fluid for a novice track goer who does 2 or 3 track events a year? I'm hearing lots of talk about Motul RBF series being trash. Is Stoptech Str 600 a better option than RBF 600?
Bryan can correct me if I’m wrong. What I’ve found over the years. DOT4 fluid is more hydrophilic and will become “wet” quicker. If you only do a few track weekends per year, flush annually or as needed - you’ll know. The more you flush the better the pedal feel - provided all air is out.

There will always be exceptions. But that has been a good rule of thumb for me.

CrimsonSupra

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Bryan can correct me if I’m wrong. What I’ve found over the years. DOT4 fluid is more hydrophilic and will become “wet” quicker. If you only do a few track weekends per year, flush annually or as needed - you’ll know. The more you flush the better the pedal feel - provided all air is out.

There will always be exceptions. But that has been a good rule of thumb for me.
You’re looking for “hygroscopic”. :) This is also exactly why the wet boiling point is so important since the fluid immediately starts attracting water as soon as it’s out of the sealed container.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
https://autoparts.worldtoyota.com/ is running 25% off all parts right now if anyone wants to pick up OEM pads for really cheap. I ordered front and rear pads all in for $231.21. Figured I'd go ahead and grab a spare set since the PMu's are still on unknown back order.
I got some project Mu 999s just for fun. After I cook 🍳off another set of DTC60s, will give em a try. I couldn’t find the P mu clubs. They claimed these are a pinch 🤏 better.
Sponsored

Last edited: