razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Cleaned up the first post.

***Updated with direct link to my google sheet that I will continue to update. Use the tabs at the bottom to navigate between:

- Brake Pads
- Brake Rotors
- Brake Fluid

***Updated with some new rotor choices

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
If you use CSG brake pads and care about your paint long term, make sure you use a good iron remover when washing your car after a track day.

This is after one track day with CSG C21 pads in the front. The whole side of the car has iron embedded in the paint. My PMU Club Racers also did this, any good track pad will, but at a MUCH smaller scale.

IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2348.jpeg

IMG_2347.jpeg

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
If you use CSG brake pads and care about your paint long term, make sure you use a good iron remover when washing your car after a track day.

This is after one track day with CSG C21 pads in the front. The whole side of the car has iron embedded in the paint. My PMU Club Racers also did this, any good track pad will, but at a MUCH smaller scale.

IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2348.jpeg

IMG_2347.jpeg
Holy shit 💩💩💩… That’s a bit excessive. If that’s from the CSGs, I’m digging my Hawks even more 😱

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2348.jpeg

IMG_2347.jpeg
I have csg pads front and Rear and have been to the track a few times and mine isn’t this bad. Granted I do a iron remover twice a year on the car

mojo_jojo77777

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Haven't read it in detail anywhere else, but as friendly FYI, I do not recommend using ATE Type 200 on our Supras.

Yes, I understand most will go SRF or Motul 660, but seeing as I've had good results with ATE on my S2000 that I track regularly, I figured I'd run it in the Supra as well (though the Supra maybe only gets tracked few times a year).

Did track day and while it felt "ok", the issue is what happened after. I started developing squeaks from brake pedal sounding like from master cylinder. I thought I mightve somehow blown seal and caused leak, but after some investigation on M3 forums, it was the ATE.

A handful of M3 owners brought up similar issue. I then ordered fresh Motul, did another full flush, and squeak went away. Apparently there is a low viscosity version of ATE that could try, but wasn't worth it at that point.

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
Holy shit 💩💩💩… That’s a bit excessive. If that’s from the CSGs, I’m digging my Hawks even more 😱
Trust me, My DTC60s did the EXACT same thing lol I was washing my car after at track day and noticed how much grime was running down the side of the car and thought "wait a minute, thats probably brake dust" a few sprays of iron remover later, the WHOLE side of my car looked just like Bryan's 😅

Also for the love of god, Mods can we please get this thread stickied???????????

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Trust me, My DTC60s did the EXACT same thing lol I was washing my car after at track day and noticed how much grime was running down the side of the car and thought "wait a minute, thats probably brake dust" a few sprays of iron remover later, the WHOLE side of my car looked just like Bryan's 😅

Also for the love of god, Mods can we please get this thread stickied???????????
Yea, Hawks are notorious for this as well.

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Indeed. I actually hate these CSG pads but haven’t shared because I know I will be chastised by the members of the echo chamber for it.
What do you dislike about them?

For me, I ran them on my GR86.
What I did not like.
- I felt like they were super overpriced as I assume they are rebranded pads from another manufacturer, maybe the compound played around a bit at the request of CSG.

- They did not have the bite that Carbotech XP12s had and I like bite, like a lot. Even my Current DCT 60s don't seem to have the carbotech bite. I like to late brake as I had to pass people on the corner entry since Corvette owners are notorious for not lifting on a straight even after giving you the point by and trying to make you look silly as in "look you wanted a point by and could not pass me lol", anyway, I like stuffing those assholes in a corner as I take the the inside line with a late brake and when you have low bite pad, this move gets a bit out of control, which makes it too sketchy for track days.

What I did like:
-They lasted forever...like they wore to 50% in a few track days and then literally stopped wearing. I thought I could keep them on a whole season. I think considering that, amortized over the many track days they last, their price is justified, as long as you like the compound.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
What do you dislike about them?

For me, I ran them on my GR86.
What I did not like.
- I felt like they were super overpriced as I assume they are rebranded pads from another manufacturer, maybe the compound played around a bit at the request of CSG.

- They did not have the bite that Carbotech XP12s had and I like bite, like a lot. Even my Current DCT 60s don't seem to have the carbotech bite. I like to late brake as I had to pass people on the corner entry since Corvette owners are notorious for not lifting on a straight even after giving you the point by and trying to make you look silly as in "look you wanted a point by and could not pass me lol", anyway, I like stuffing those assholes in a corner as I take the the inside line with a late brake and when you have low bite pad, this move gets a bit out of control, which makes it too sketchy for track days.

What I did like:
-They lasted forever...like they wore to 50% in a few track days and then literally stopped wearing. I thought I could keep them on a whole season. I think considering that, amortized over the many track days they last, their price is justified, as long as you like the compound.
If I’m trail braking properly, I can get a lot more out of my pads. Thus the Hawks have been pretty damn good. I would like to try the project mu’s sometime.