AWE Touring Resonated stock DP, 6spd MT

Viper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Viper, TRX, M4
I decided to go with AWE, at end of the day I did not like when the valve is closed it only flows through 1 exhaust tip. That made my decision easy and there still a sound difference with sport mode.
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Have that setup for 3 years. Sounds excellent.

OP your exhaust is hanging awfully low. Should be tucked up much more.

OP
OP
AndyK5

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Have that setup for 3 years. Sounds excellent.

OP your exhaust is hanging awfully low. Should be tucked up much more.
I installed it myself, all the hangers are parallel to the ground which is what I thought the indicator for proper installation was. Maybe things can rotating there a bit without changing the hangers much I dunno. Mind posting a picture of your tops from the same angles?

dn00

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK7 GTI, A90
I installed it myself, all the hangers are parallel to the ground which is what I thought the indicator for proper installation was. Maybe things can rotating there a bit without changing the hangers much I dunno. Mind posting a picture of your tops from the same angles?
I have the same exhaust. It's definitely hanging a little low. Try rotating it around starting from the 2 pipes after the midpipe to get them closer to the axles. Make sure there's clearance for the axle. Then rotate the two mufflers to get them closer to the bumper. The mufflers will probably end up being a little slanted but it's part of the look. The logo plate isn't meant to align things so tighten it last.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
I just put mine on yesterday and this is what it looks like.

IMG_7424 Copy.jpeg

TSmkV

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, 4Runner, RX350

IMG_7424 Copy.jpeg

IMG_7424 Copy.jpeg
That fitment is excellent. Mine is about 1/2” lower than what I want (I want your fitment!). I’ll need to try the pipe rotation method you mentioned.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
That fitment is excellent. Mine is about 1/2” lower than what I want (I want your fitment!). I’ll need to try the pipe rotation method you mentioned.
It's definitely a pain to get it adjusted right. It ends up being a balance of tightening/loosening the mid pipes, the AWE bracket and the muffler sections until you get it just right.

TSmkV

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, 4Runner, RX350
It's definitely a pain to get it adjusted right. It ends up being a balance of tightening/loosening the mid pipes, the AWE bracket and the muffler sections until you get it just right.
Yep. Those hard rubber grommets on the hangars also fool you…you think you’ve turned the pipe or muffler to the right spot, but then after tightening you realize all you did was scrunch the grommet and it expands right back where it was. Grrr.
Sponsored