AWE Touring Resonated ride-along

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
After buying an RK Ti track edition exhaust going off YT clips and videos, I want to do my due diligence before I buy an exhaust system.

Anybody with an AWE Touring Resonated and AA DP / catless in the Norcal area? Am local to either SF Peninsula or the Sacramento / Yuba region. Looking to experience this combo first hand before I decide on buying an exhaust or continuing with the OEM system + AA DP. Would like to experience some casual freeway cruising, city commute, freeway pulls as well as flybys.

Will happily cover a tank of gas + lunch.

P.S. Anybody interested in an RK Ti track exhaust, driver side exit, with less than a week on the car and under 300 miles? Would be willing to sell for $1K and/or trade for an AWE resonated touring + my cash on top... Will throw in the psngr side blockoff plate uninstalled from Juan as well.
Sponsored

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Iā€™m in NJ so i canā€™t help you but i have that exact setup and itā€™s amazing in person i had it with AMS catted/catless DP. Doesnā€™t drone at all catted or catless. The tone was slightly deeper with the catted downpipe but catless amplifies the sound much more not raspy at all. Both setups did not drone which was pleasing to me. Cold starts are pretty loud but that can be disabled if you tune the car. I think the combination of the unique tone, no drone, and getting rid of the dumb valve makes it the best exhaust for the MK5 personally.

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silverado, S1000R, A91-MT
Iā€™m in NJ so i canā€™t help you but i have that exact setup and itā€™s amazing in person i had it with AMS catted/catless DP. Doesnā€™t drone at all catted or catless. The tone was slightly deeper with the catted downpipe but catless amplifies the sound much more not raspy at all. Both setups did not drone which was pleasing to me. Cold starts are pretty loud but that can be disabled if you tune the car. I think the combination of the unique tone, no drone, and getting rid of the dumb valve makes it the best exhaust for the MK5 personally.
I really like awe exhausts (currently have one on my daily), but I wish it was valved for the supra

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
The AWE Resonated Touring is fantastic. Have had it on my car for 2 years. With the stock DP it sounds glorious. Not obnoxiously loud, and a great sound when driving spirited. And if you have a 21+ you get nice crackles on downshifting you don't get with the stock catback.

OP
OP
Patina

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
RK track too loud?
Bruh.

I can't even drive with the windows down because it makes my ears ring. Plus the resonance is pretty bad from 2000-2600, like a Harley straight piped.

I originally ran with the AA DP and OEM exhaust but wanted a little more volume and a lighter setup. The RK Ti is beyond light and has crazy flow, the butt syno doesn't mess around, but it's absolutely unlivable for a daily driver.

Southtown

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sti
Bruh.

I can't even drive with the windows down because it makes my ears ring. Plus the resonance is pretty bad from 2000-2600, like a Harley straight piped.

I originally ran with the AA DP and OEM exhaust but wanted a little more volume and a lighter setup. The RK Ti is beyond light and has crazy flow, the butt syno doesn't mess around, but it's absolutely unlivable for a daily driver.
Haha

RK sells just the axle back I think. Could switch to the signature. Still light and less noise.

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Nocturnal, Automatic)
Bruh.

bro i was gonnna consider AWE resonated touring or RK Ti but if you think its that bad i cant live with it as a daily either :I im gonna just go for AWE

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silverado, S1000R, A91-MT
bro i was gonnna consider AWE resonated touring or RK Ti but if you think its that bad i cant live with it as a daily either :I im gonna just go for AWE
It's possible that the DP is not catted which would make it really loud

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
I mean they bought a single straight piped exhaust, which is the loudest possible configuration other than a downturn. It's labeled as "track" for a reason. RKTi sells a version with a muffler though that is tamer

OP
OP
Patina

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
It's possible that the DP is not catted which would make it really loud
I am running an AA DP, so there is something.

I mean they bought a single straight piped exhaust, which is the loudest possible configuration other than a downturn. It's labeled as "track" for a reason. RKTi sells a version with a muffler though that is tamer
The 16 year old in me won the argument. I was expecting more of a "track" exhaust. For a weekend car or canyon toy, it's fine and totally livable for short stints, but for a car that's daily driven and sees freeway work, it's a deal breaker.

OP
OP
Patina

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
also because @Patina is in California lol... easy cop magnet here
Living in California makes you a cop magnet. Disregard the fact that a car is involved.
Very very situational. If you have something like an exhaust that can set off car alarms when parked in an employee parking lot underground on startup, that's different.

I still haven't gotten shit for my tints, for example.
Sponsored