Can someone review these jb4 map 5 logs for me

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I see that… starting to make a bit more sense…. I’m still learning so helps when it’s explained I was just posting about that in the other thread and after seeing the explanation looking across cyl definitely makes more sense! Thank you!

Having said that anyone know what avg_ign is on a B58?
Sponsored

ApriCati

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Supra
I’d love an analysis on my recent logs, if anyone is willing @ColonelAdama
Thanks!

Maps 2, 4, 5.

https://datazap.me/u/apricati

MODS —
JB4 BT
EWG harness
Mishimoto heat exchange
Ingen intake and charge pipe
Catless 5” downpipe
Armytrix full exhaust
~E29 blend (E85 & 91)
IAT’s 75°-85° (winter in Utah)

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I’m still learning my way around these logs some of the things I’ve been looking for in mine are AFR’s staying safe, Trims not maxing, timing progressively climbing toward redline without pulling back and boost riding along with the target. @ColonelAdama i’m sure peaks things like fuel and wastegate, etc.

But hey i’ll throw my realitive noob opinion and what I think and we’ll let the pros chime in.

Looks like Map 2 wasn’t a full run just driving

Map 4 did a weird thing on the 2nd run where the target was like 4psi not sure what happened there, the first part looked pretty good though. Trims look good, AFR was 14’s which without a DME tune I think is the best you can hope for. TIming looked good climbs toward redline and all cyl pretty consistent. Since Map 4 is 20psi absolute target i’m not sure why but it’s not quite getting there avg‘s were like 16/17psi (1 little 18psi spot) and tapers down to 16 not as many throttle closures.

Map 5 - 3rd gear trims are up in the 40’s in 3rd and but chill in 4th and 5th but look like some timing dips, could have been traction and a lot more throttle closures and timing not as smooth as vs Map 4 but boost/target kinda looked pretty good boost sitting up around 20 and staying near the target. AFR’s again 14’s but without a tune best you can hope for.

Seemed like Map 4 ran more consistent and with less throttle closures and more consistent timing, even when I was JB4 only it struggled to get up to that 20psi target for me too. I am a bit jealous your map 5 did way better than mine I maxed trims the whole time And for you it was almost high in 3rd but came down to the 30’s 4th and 5th.

I think a custom MAP 6 tune from Jesse or Colonel will clean that up a lot and make it more consistent it doesn’t look unsafe but a custom tune can do wonders for it.

Just my thoughts again we’ll let the pro’s chime in. How did Map 5 feel vs Map 4?

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
I’m still tweaking my tune to get that trim spike out around 4000-4500 I need to pull the boost back another .5psi or so I think in that range

Just comparing each for something you can look at, see how the boost target and boost pretty much run right along together, AFR’s good and timing climbs progressively together. This on a custom Map 6 we’ve been tweaking the crap out of.

https://datazap.me/u/phantomx2k/bef-jb4map6-e40?log=0&data=1-3-4-11-14-18-25-26-27-28-29

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
I’d love an analysis on my recent logs, if anyone is willing @ColonelAdama
Thanks!

Maps 2, 4, 5.

https://datazap.me/u/apricati

MODS —
JB4 BT
EWG harness
Mishimoto heat exchange
Ingen intake and charge pipe
Catless 5” downpipe
Armytrix full exhaust
~E29 blend (E85 & 91)
IAT’s 75°-85° (winter in Utah)
Sorry, I missed this. Logs look good, even Map 5 is clean. You should take a full log from 2500 to redline though.

Maybe do a quick check on your charge pipe connection though. there is possibly a small boost leak. WGDC is higher than I would expect it to be at this boost level.
Sponsored