Catted downpipes

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
I have the AA catted DP and it still has a gas smell. Can't imagine what no cat would smell like. It definitely adds a growl to the exhaust and I didn't get a CEL light although others with the same exact DP had A CEL pop up.

With regards to looks...you will barely see it from the top or bottom.

Even when the later 2021's are able to be unlocked/tuned, you will still need a bench unlock. I don't think there is a way around sending out the ECU unless there is someone local to you. I don't think there will ever be a "do it yourself" ECU unlock solution. I just mine out and it was back 2 days later.
Got a sound clip?
Sponsored

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Got a sound clip?
I don't, but not sure it'll come across as it sounds in real life anyways. It's just a deeper version of the stock exhaust. It also pops/burbles a lot more in sport. Nothing negative from me except for the added gas smell

I can take a video this week but I just added an Ecutek tune, not that it should change the tone too much.

Have you seen this Video yet?

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
I don't, but not sure it'll come across as it sounds in real life anyways. It's just a deeper version of the stock exhaust. It also pops/burbles a lot more in sport. Nothing negative from me except for the added gas smell

I can take a video this week but I just added an Ecutek tune, not that it should change the tone too much.

Have you seen this Video yet?
Yes I've seen the video.

Did you just mean that the pops and burbles are more audible? Or did it actually increase the occurrence of pops and burbles that's happening?

Last edited:

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Yes I've seen the video.

Did you just mean that the pops and burbles are more audible? Or did it actually increase the occurrence of pops and burbles that's happening?

I would say both but sound is subjective. IMHO they are more apparent and occur more often (in sport mode), but I guess that it would depend on your driving style and how often aggressive you down shift. Normal mode is bit throatier, but still too tame for me. I've actually turned the burbles down a little bit with Ecutek.

Jree

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Red 3.0P
I would say both. IMHO they are more apparent and occur more often (in sport mode), but I guess that it would depend on your driving style and how often aggressive you down shift. Normal mode is bit throatier, but still too tame for me. I've actually turned the burbles down a little bit with Ecutek.
Yeah I want normal mode to be tame and sport mode to have more pops and burbles.
I have a 2021 and they tuned it down from a 2020.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Yeah I want normal mode to be tame and sport mode to have more pops and burbles.
I have a 2021 and they tuned it down from a 2020.
Thats the sound you will get with a catted downpipe, if you want more control get a flash tune and adjust the burble sound
Sponsored