Eibach front sway rubbing issue

Lordhowe

First Name
HG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris
I just installed an Eibach's front sway bar along with some Vorshlag camber plates (all else stock). After coming back from the alignment shop, I noticed the front sway bars are hitting the lower control arm. The rubbing marks appear to be even on both sides, so it's not from my sway bars being positioned too far on one side vs. another. My finished alignment settings for the front are -2.5 camber, 0 tow, and 7.2 degrees caster. Has this happened to anyone else and if so, what are some ways to remedy this?

Thanks!
IMG_6118.jpeg
IMG_6116.jpeg
IMG_6114.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Lordhowe

First Name
HG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris
Stock ride height.
Just spoke to David from Eibach and they are checking to see if the production run of my sway bar has an issue. he agreed that alignment setup does not affect the sway bar's clearance.

OP
OP

Lordhowe

First Name
HG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris
i wonder if sway bar can be installed backward.. I did not have any issue /w cusco on stock suspension. is your car lowered as well? it also looks as if there are no room between sway bar and floor cover...
Stock ride height on stock struts. The sway bar is installed in the correct orientation. and the reason it appears to be no room between the bar and the plastic trey is that the car is on a 2 post lift without any weight on the tires.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
Stock ride height.
Just spoke to David from Eibach and they are checking to see if the production run of my sway bar has an issue. he agreed that alignment setup does not affect the sway bar's clearance.
I just recently got one and have not installed it. Keep us posted.

OP
OP

Lordhowe

First Name
HG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris
yes.. I thought it required "special" skill to mount it wrong way..

here's photo of my installation.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/my-pewter-supra-build-log.5904/post-102637
It's amazing what you can do with a big pry bar and a 12 pound hammer.... j/k.
No, the mounting position is correct, it just rubs a bit. I don't hear it going over bumps or gradually loading the wheels one side to another. I only heard it when gradually loading one side and then hitting a bump.
I just recently got one and have not installed it. Keep us posted.
Will do. Supposedly there is a batch number in the center of the sway bar. Can you share that here and i will verify if it's the same batch as mine?

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal
No, the mounting position is correct, it just rubs a bit. I don't hear it going over bumps or gradually loading the wheels one side to another. I only heard it when gradually loading one side and then hitting a bump.

Will do. Supposedly there is a batch number in the center of the sway bar. Can you share that here and i will verify if it's the same batch as mine?
There you are

Attachments

FlynnZero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91 Nocturnal

I got a rear also, but it’s a serious pain in the arse to install.

BrettG782

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium; 2023 Lexus GX 460; 00 F150
Not sure if it's the angle but I just installed Eibach Front & Rear Sways and ProKit Springs and I feel like mine on the ground has much more space than yours from the control arms.
IMG_0336.jpg

Also, if anyone's looking for a thursday afternoon laugh, here's what happens when you install that front sway bar backwards! Pulled a big dummy move here, sway bar did not look like it was really damaged just the inner tie rods were instantly bent. Sweet way to burn $300 extra dollars on the install... Also the Eibach label on the bar is upside down when correctly installed.
IMG_0337.jpg

OP
OP

Lordhowe

First Name
HG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris
There you are
Those are the same exact batch numbers I have. My fix this evening is to make some 1/8" spacers. I then taped the spots it used to rub with masking tape and did some hard cornering - no rubbing so far.

I personally would hold off on putting these on your car until I find out some more info from Eibach on how they plan to remedy this.

OP
OP

Lordhowe

First Name
HG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris
Not sure if it's the angle but I just installed Eibach Front & Rear Sways and ProKit Springs and I feel like mine on the ground has much more space than yours from the control arms.
IMG_0336.jpg

Also, if anyone's looking for a thursday afternoon laugh, here's what happens when you install that front sway bar backwards! Pulled a big dummy move here, sway bar did not look like it was really damaged just the inner tie rods were instantly bent. Sweet way to burn $300 extra dollars on the install... Also the Eibach label on the bar is upside down when correctly installed.
IMG_0337.jpg
Ouch!
Mine is very similar and the only reason it looked so close apart is because the suspension is at full droop since it's on my lift. I did a quick measurement when the car is on the ground and it's about 1.5-2" from LCA to Sway bar.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Guess I'm going Cusco. Damn
Sponsored