Exhaust Chat, do we get OPF/GPF error?

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR 3.0L Tungsten Silver
Hey guys is anyone rocking a cat back exhaust? Do we need to get an OPF delete module? I've had a look and there doesn't seem to be any cables running from the OPF only from the Cat.

I'm looking at a Cat back exhaust but want to make sure I don't need to do anything else.
Sponsored

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
I have Milltek OPF back so I'm not 100% sure, but looking on their website, they sell a OPF bypass and that states "Required Stage 2 ECU Remap"

Someone who has done the OPF delete might have a clearer answer for you.

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks, Yeah it's really unclear with our OPF supras whether we get the error or not, other bmws have the sensor attached to the OPF but I can't physically see a connection.

20230821_185310.jpg

20230821_185322.jpg

20230821_185424.jpg

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I can see where it would connect, similar to the aftermarket delete module, but only the Cat has a connection and a blank slot next to it.

20230821_185804.jpg

20230821_185748.jpg

20230821_184230.jpg

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Yeah you'll get a error code (P244A) if you remove the OPF. It doesnt show up straight away but eventually it will. Not sure if this was because I removed the OPF, but im pretty sure.

My tuner forgot to disable it in the beginning so after a couple of weeks I got the code, and then they disabled it.

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How does it know? 😄 interesting 🤔. I'm a 22 so can't tune, I guess the delete module is required

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
How does it know? 😄 interesting 🤔. I'm a 22 so can't tune, I guess the delete module is required
I really dont know. Also I dont know why the error code came long after 😄 But it was a error code related to the particulate filter.

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Be interested to hear what you end you end up doing. I've already had the "OEM backbox mod" done, and whilst it definitely makes a difference, I'm still looking for some additional volume, whilst retaining the deep sound. The dilemma\options are:
1 - OPF Delete (probably going to make the biggest difference)
2 - Catted Downpipe (easily reversible)
3 - Replace rear silencer

Options 1 & 2 would invalidate my warranty, whilst option 3 probably wouldn't release enough sound.

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Be interested to hear what you end you end up doing. I've already had the "OEM backbox mod" done, and whilst it definitely makes a difference, I'm still looking for some additional volume, whilst retaining the deep sound. The dilemma\options are:

Options 1 & 2 would invalidate my warranty, whilst option 3 probably wouldn't release enough sound.
Get rid of that OPF. It makes the sound so much more pure, and the pops alot louder.

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

This is exactly the dilemma,

Whifbitz do a back box delete I.e. straight pipe. Which I imagine would give biggest sound with stock cat and OPF.

I'm still contemplating what to do lol...

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's my biggest fear, then need a remap to map them out.. Wouldn't want them any louder than they are at the moment.
From what I've seen in videos the pops are more pronounced in sport mode and not so much in normal

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I agree I don't want it constantly popping and banging like AutoAlex's Lindsey MX5 :lol:

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
This is exactly the dilemma,

Whifbitz do a back box delete I.e. straight pipe. Which I imagine would give biggest sound with stock cat and OPF.

I'm still contemplating what to do lol...
Shame they only supply that with the weird "blueflame" tip finish. Given the cost, I'd d be willing to give it a go if they could match the OEM brushed tips.
Sponsored