Factory alignment specs and aggressive autocross specs?

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Good morning. My 21 goes back to the dealer on Monday to look at my still dripping diff again. After missing the pax FTD at yesterdays autocross for the second time by 2/10ths to the same pesky 2020 911 Carrera 4s, I've decided to go ahead and have the alignment done. My original plan was to run this season as is with the factory PSSs while I learn the car and then go to one of the 200 TW tires and an aggressive alignment for season two. I'm still wanting to run the factory Michelins for the rest of the year but I'd like see if I can pick up a few tenths with a more aggressive alignment. It's not a daily driver so no issues there but, unfortunately, my three "local" AX options are all between 1.5 and 2.5 hours away so I can't go crazy with the alignment.

Does anyone have the factory alignment specs I can use as a comparison? Also interested in what others are running for an aggressive AX/HPDE set-up?

Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Does anyone have the factory alignment specs I can use as a comparison? Also interested in what others are running for an aggressive AX/HPDE set-up?
Just had mine aligned...

Iā€™m running negative 2 degrees front and rear. Eibach Z4 Euro Springs (-.8ā€). Burger Tuning wheel spacers (10mm/13mm).

D771B9E3-5A56-496B-A0C5-ABCC745B4DCA.jpeg

55B8CD94-3ECA-4320-B91C-72AF5F99AC18.jpeg

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
You will need camber plates for front. After my tires get hot itā€™s hard to keep up with AWD P cars the newer ones that match up hp wise and of course the turbos itā€™s hard to match that w wheel bite they have coming out of corners

OP
OP

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Thanks for the replies. The car gets aligned today. I requested negative 2 or a little more front camber, negative 2 rear camber, 7.5 castor and very slight toe in (1/16 or less). I'm not lowered so I figure I may not be able to get that much negative camber. I asked them to just get as much as possible while keeping it the same from side to side. Same with castor. As close to 7.5 as possible while staying equal. We'll see...

OP
OP

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Andrew - just noticed where you live. Do you AX with OVR? I'm hoping to make it this Sunday. It depends on whether we move my kid to Morgantown for the summer on Saturday or Sunday. Obviously, I'd prefer Saturday but even if I have to miss the event this weekend I plan on making several others this year.

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Thanks for the replies. The car gets aligned today. I requested negative 2 or a little more front camber, negative 2 rear camber, 7.5 castor and very slight toe in (1/16 or less). I'm not lowered so I figure I may not be able to get that much negative camber. I asked them to just get as much as possible while keeping it the same from side to side. Same with castor. As close to 7.5 as possible while staying equal. We'll see...
Will he curious to see what you get. I got 1.5 camber on stock setup.. not sure if they could have got more

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Andrew - just noticed where you live. Do you AX with OVR? I'm hoping to make it this Sunday. It depends on whether we move my kid to Morgantown for the summer on Saturday or Sunday. Obviously, I'd prefer Saturday but even if I have to miss the event this weekend I plan on making several others this year.
~ I use to autocross about 25 years ago regularly but havenā€™t done so since. I also had a secondary wheel and sticky tire set up I would swap for the events.

If you make it to the Columbus area... Iā€™d love to meet up. Always fun to watch!

OP
OP

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Got the car back today and I am very happy with the result. The tech did a nice job for me. He was able to get:

Camber

LF: -2.1 RF: -1.9
LR: -2.0 RR: -2.0

Caster: 7.3 both sides

Toe: between .12 and .16 each wheel.

Car tracks perfectly on the interstate. I have no idea how much more negative camber this is over stock - I wish I would have asked them to print the before specs.

OP
OP

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
~ I use to autocross about 25 years ago regularly but havenā€™t done so since. I also had a secondary wheel and sticky tire set up I would swap for the events.

If you make it to the Columbus area... Iā€™d love to meet up. Always fun to watch!
Looks like we move my kid on Saturday so OVR Sunday should be a go. Stop by and say hello if you're able. If something happens that I don't make it I'll let you know.

I also used to run r rubber on a second set. That was before the current street classes and 200TW tires. Changing tires before and after the events and having to haul them on a tire trailer really sucked. Especially on those 95 degree days. I love being reasonably competitive on street tires now. So much easier and more fun for guys like me that just want to fun and be semi-competitive locally and maybe regionally without going all out on car set up. I wish SCCA would have done this 30 years ago...

Davedaveee

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR Premium 3.0
Thanks for some of this info, my car goes in for an alignment next week. The Toyota Dealership completed the alignment for you? I have H&R springs I was going to put in the car and unsure if I should have the dealership align it or another shop.

OP
OP

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Thanks for some of this info, my car goes in for an alignment next week. The Toyota Dealership completed the alignment for you? I have H&R springs I was going to put in the car and unsure if I should have the dealership align it or another shop.
It was my selling dealership.
Sponsored