OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
Youā€™re killing me!!!
Got the numbers. Will post everything in a fresh thread. On vacation so I haven't even reviewed everything yet.

We did NOT max out the fuel system. Now the turbo on the other hand lol.
Sameh pushed that little baby DAW flow max as far as it would go. Could have gone a little further with higher ethanol but my dumb ass left too much 93 in the tank and getting Sameh's time is tough to get. They spent 5 hours doing 3 tunes. Three maps. 93, E52 low boost/timing, and full send.

Full send was 594whp/595tq @ E52

Not bad for the smallest upgrade turbo you can currently buy for the B58 (to my knowledge). Torque was not limited. I have a pure stage 2 tranny.

Will post the dynos, logs, and apparently they're making a video of the spool equipment install and dyno runs... will post that too.

Short story... still have headroom on 100% DI fuel system. Already in discussions with EPC for a top mount full frame. Going to run this for a few months first and hope that bm3 rev2 board comes out.

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Got the numbers. Will post everything in a fresh thread. On vacation so I haven't even reviewed everything yet.

Sameh pushed that little baby DAW flow max as far as it would go. Could have gone a little further with higher ethanol but my dumb ass left too much 93 in the tank and getting Sameh's time is tough to get. They spent 5 hours doing 3 tunes. Three maps. 93, E52 low boost/timing, and full send.

Not bad for the smallest upgrade turbo you can currently buy for the B58 (to my knowledge). Torque was not limited. I have a pure stage 2 tranny.

Will post the dynos, logs, and apparently they're making a video of the spool equipment install and dyno runs... will post that too.

Short story... still have headroom on 100% DI fuel system. Already in discussions with EPC for a top mount full frame. Going to run this for a few months first and hope that bm3 rev2 board comes out.
Thanks for the write up! Looking forward to the other thread.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

Did you post a new thread with more deets yet?

OldHead-MKV-Owner

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, 95' 300ZX SMZ, 22' F150 Limited
Did you post a new thread with more deets yet?
I haven't. Long story short (maybe not that short), it took Sameh 18 runs to dial in the Spool FX400x and 350IFX (stage2) injectors. He wasn't happy and I completely misunderstood one of his comments. I thought we were only running E52 due to the amount of 93 I had in the tank. That was incorrect. The issue was Spool provided him/PTF with the wrong tables for my HPFP and Injectors. I had originally bought the FX350 hpfp and Stage1 injectors. I sent the FX350 back (never installed) to Spool for the FX400 since I was still waiting on the injectors. They sent me the FX400 but upgraded me to the Stage2 injectors. So Sameh was trying to tune my setup with the wrong tables.
The tables have been provided to Sam and PTF. I'm supposed to get an updated tune this weekend, which I'm sure we will need to iterate on.

I have the original write-up ready to go, but need to supplement it with the new tune/data/dyno pulls. I didn't think it would be fair to Spool or Sam to post without the complete picture. According to Spool, I should be able to run E85 with no issues once I get my new tune.

I promise I will post everything in one comprehensive thread once complete. Sorry it as taken so long. It took about 2 weeks (LOL) to figure out what the issue was. As soon as I sent my logs to Spool, one of their developers knew the issue right away and reached out to Sam/PTF.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I haven't. Long story short (maybe not that short), it took Sameh 18 runs to dial in the Spool FX400x and 350IFX (stage2) injectors. He wasn't happy and I completely misunderstood one of his comments. I thought we were only running E52 due to the amount of 93 I had in the tank. That was incorrect. The issue was Spool provided him/PTF with the wrong tables for my HPFP and Injectors. I had originally bought the FX350 hpfp and Stage1 injectors. I sent the FX350 back (never installed) to Spool for the FX400 since I was still waiting on the injectors. They sent me the FX400 but upgraded me to the Stage2 injectors. So Sameh was trying to tune my setup with the wrong tables.
The tables have been provided to Sam and PTF. I'm supposed to get an updated tune this weekend, which I'm sure we will need to iterate on.

I have the original write-up ready to go, but need to supplement it with the new tune/data/dyno pulls. I didn't think it would be fair to Spool or Sam to post without the complete picture. According to Spool, I should be able to run E85 with no issues once I get my new tune.

I promise I will post everything in one comprehensive thread once complete. Sorry it as taken so long. It took about 2 weeks (LOL) to figure out what the issue was. As soon as I sent my logs to Spool, one of their developers knew the issue right away and reached out to Sam/PTF.
No worries and no need for apologies. Good luck with it all and look forward to seeing the new thread!

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜20 M4 CS, ā€˜24 GR Supra 45th LE
Too many turbos. I literally canā€™t even tell which is the best turbo to buy now with seven different ones on the site except for assuming that more expensive = better and choosing either the free one or the $3350 turbo. Looks like I need to find a book called ā€œturbskis for idiotsā€

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
Too many turbos. I literally canā€™t even tell which is the best turbo to buy now with seven different ones on the site except for assuming that more expensive = better and choosing either the free one or the $3350 turbo. Looks like I need to find a book called ā€œturbskis for idiotsā€
I absolutely hate this expression but it is soooo true. "Buy once! Cry once!" If you have to save up and it takes a little longer then do it. Do it right the first time and be done. Lots of top and bottom mounts with high quality turbos that should last a long time if done properly. Thats what Im doing. Ive been stock piling parts as a I can and hopefully will be done in the next six months and have everything installed.

On a side note. If you decide to go hybrid and fuel pump and port injection are proven for higher numbers. Im following several people on IG that are BIG into roll racing and they are all running fuel pumps and port injection and dominating the streets....

Trestoningle

First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 BMW 335i Xdrive
Feel the same way about intake manifolds, port injection plates, and low pressure fuel pumps. No one has independent tests of all of these different parts and that makes it hard decide what is the best for your individual setup. The largest core possible isnā€™t going to be the best intercooler for a smaller power turbo running moderate boost and a smaller more efficient manifold isnā€™t going to be the best for a super high horsepower build. We need more community feedback on these things otherwise itā€™s all just a guess.

CafeRacerQueen

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Daniela
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ā€˜20 M4 CS, ā€˜24 GR Supra 45th LE

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name