Tony11011

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A 90 Supra, SR20 Datsun 1200 Ute
Hi Guys

Was hoping i could get some advice Recently got my supra custom tuned with Bootmod3 and to be honest im disappointed with the numbers.

The car has catless downpipe
Intake
and crossover hard pipe
BM3 Flex sensor

For some reason the tuner didn't dyno the standard tune only custom map on 98 and e50

The car made the following
98ron (93 Octane) - 271.4 KW@wheels (363 hp)
E50 - 288 KW@wheels (386 hp)

I have seen online where people are making a lot more power, the OTS tune for stage 2 should be around 450-480Whp

So what i am hoping is if anyone who is making good power has 98 or E data logs it would be much appreciated if you could share these. Or if anyone who has experience with the BM3 tunes can take a look and let me know what the issue is. Not sure if the throttle angle has anything to do with it.

The Data logs can be found here?

98Ron
https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=6548559c09cc36173c1fe79b

E50
https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=65486285c9c7410a505b87cb
https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=65486306feb9f805308797d3

OTS data log 3rd gear
https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=65534b91c1d4533d8b72b263

Revision custom tune map E45
https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=6554ae6aa4417b7cc28cfbbe

Thanks for taking a look

Dyno.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tony11011

Tony11011

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
wow that was quick! thanks for the reply

Would that be the reason its not making decent numbers or it an issue with the car?

So the tuners Boost control needs to be fixed?

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
I think what @zrk is saying… fire the tuner! Or, ask this person if these are the results he/she delivers?

OP
OP
Tony11011

Tony11011

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think what @zrk is saying… fire the tuner! Or, ask this person if these are the results he/she delivers?
The Tuner is happy to do revisions and has done a couple of them since the initial tune.

Is that the power level i should be seeing?

Would the throttle angle make that much of a difference?

Really after some logs from people who are making decent power so i can compare.

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
The Tuner is happy to do revisions and has done a couple of them since the initial tune.

Is that the power level i should be seeing?

Would the throttle angle make that much of a difference?

Really after some logs from people who are making decent power so i can compare.
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh. It should in the 400's as zrk said FIRE THE TUNER. Go with someone with experience in this field Mikey Botti, Jeff Payne, Sameh, or anyone else who knows what they're doing.

OP
OP
Tony11011

Tony11011

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Should clarify this was done on a mainline Dyno in Australia, so i know the numbers should be lower than the states but didnt think they would be this low.

I paid for the custom BM3 tune so would be hoping the tuner i paid for can fix the the tune they have done.

Looking at the logs what's the issue with the tune not making power?

Is the boost to low, ignition timing off, i know it needs better wastegate control as the throttle is closing when the boost ramps up to target and then overshoots.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
OP
OP
Tony11011

Tony11011

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not to be rude, but I told you already. Your tuner has to fix this.
Yea I agree. I’ve booked in for next Friday he’s going to put it back on the dyno.
but would still like to see some other peoples data logs as well to at least show him.
I do appreciate the advice.

kfer

First Name
Feri
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4
Should clarify this was done on a mainline Dyno in Australia, so i know the numbers should be lower than the states but didnt think they would be this low.

I paid for the custom BM3 tune so would be hoping the tuner i paid for can fix the the tune they have done.

Looking at the logs what's the issue with the tune not making power?

Is the boost to low, ignition timing off, i know it needs better wastegate control as the throttle is closing when the boost ramps up to target and then overshoots.
Interestingly, you already have throttle closing with the OTS Map too. That shouldn't be the case either. But as others have said, the tuner should fix the problem.

But regardless of the fact that your boost control isn't the best, do you notice that your car runs significantly better or not? Do you have 0-100/100-200 or 1/4m values before and after where you see not enough improvement , or are you just bothered by the fact that the dynosheet shows a lower number as expected?
However, I don't think comparing readings between different dynos is the best idea.
I have displayed 2 of your logs on Virtual Dyno with DynoJet settings (blue is OTS, red is your revision file) and the same with Mustang Dyno to show how big the difference can be. Difference is around 60HP. It is possible that your dyno is reading lower values.

How did you do the logs? On the street ? I only ask because according to the first log (RON98 in 5th gear) you do 60-130mph in 7.58s in 5th gear... that would be ~560WHP and 800+Nm on stock turbo, which I think is impossible.

Try doing a 100-200km/h run with Dragy, and then you will see if the time matches the estimated power.
1700227625143.png

1700227673542.png

OP
OP
Tony11011

Tony11011

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Interestingly, you already have throttle closing with the OTS Map too. That shouldn't be the case either. But as others have said, the tuner should fix the problem.

But regardless of the fact that your boost control isn't the best, do you notice that your car runs significantly better or not? Do you have 0-100/100-200 or 1/4m values before and after where you see not enough improvement , or are you just bothered by the fact that the dynosheet shows a lower number as expected?
However, I don't think comparing readings between different dynos is the best idea.
I have displayed 2 of your logs on Virtual Dyno with DynoJet settings (blue is OTS, red is your revision file) and the same with Mustang Dyno to show how big the difference can be. Difference is around 60HP. It is possible that your dyno is reading lower values.

How did you do the logs? On the street ? I only ask because according to the first log (RON98 in 5th gear) you do 60-130mph in 7.58s in 5th gear... that would be ~560WHP and 800+Nm on stock turbo, which I think is impossible.

Try doing a 100-200km/h run with Dragy, and then you will see if the time matches the estimated power.
1700227625143.png

1700227673542.png
To be honest the numbers do concern me slightly but that’s not my major concern. Prior to getting the custom tune I had the stage 2 OTS which drove like a dream power was everywhere ramped up to boost really well.
then I got the recall done on the car and decided to get the custome tune. And now I can feel the hesitation when driving when it’s ramping up to boost. It’s not massive but it is noticeable. Also I don’t know if it’s in my head but the OTS 98 tune seemed almost as quick as the e50 tune that’s going off my notoriously inaccurate butt dyno
All logs other than the revision was done on the dyno.

thanks for putting in the numbers for the graphs as well. I do appreciate it. The car is making 800nm on the dyno

OP
OP
Tony11011

Tony11011

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@Tony11011 where did you end up with this? Retune? New tuner?
Got it retuned by the same tuner
Made a little more power but the log is still balls.
So have booked in with another proven tuner in Sydney only problem is he is pretty far away from me and sort of disappointed I have to pay twice for a custom tune. That’s now 4K on custom tuning.
Think the tuner I chose is still trying to figure out the b58 engine great guy just not proficient in the software and the engine.
but I guess it is what it is. I’m actually driving around with the OTS map cause with the throttle closures it surges on hard acceleration.

This is the final number I got. The limitation previously is something that I figured out when getting in touch with bootod3 and then told the tuner.
First pic is the old max power on e50 to the new max power with the custom tune
Second pic believe it or not is the custom tune compared to the OTS stage 2
Thanks

IMG_4764.jpeg

IMG_4780.jpeg

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I tune a lot of people in Australia, and while its true those mainlines typically read fairly low, i feel 400whp on E50 is still lower than average with what im used to seeing on mainlines. work with the tuner or find a new one as already stated by others.

js1995

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra GT
@Tony11011
I'm in AUS too, and I just had my car custom tuned on 98. What were your hp & tq figures before & after the tune? I feel like our dynos here (DynoDynamics) read really low.

@Twisted Tuning are you able to have a look at these numbers? catless dp + intake + exhaust 2021 Femto Unlocked tuned on 98. I had the tuner do a revision and it made more power (2nd chart). Thanks :)

tune 1.png

tune 2.png
Sponsored