Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Usually it is the BMW guys complaining about Toyota's "cheap" buttons, yet as we see the Toyota guys are not convinced by BMW's "premium" buttons. So much for "perceived" quality, it is all a question of perception.
BMW interiors don’t age gracefully.. both in design and shelf life.

They look shyty and fall apart rather quickly.
Sponsored

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
^design yes, but i disagree on the wear and tear. having owned an E36, E39, E60, and an F10 the interiors have held up pretty well imo. its also how you treat the car.

to those putting Toyota's interior on a pedestal, lets not forget the huge recall on their melting and cracking dash. my mom is still waiting 4 years now for Toyota to repair her RX350 and Camry. :rofl:

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
^I have friends with Camrys with the same issue. However, their VINs weren't included with the recall. They have been trying to fight it by calling and email ToyotaUSA, so far nothing. :(

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
^design yes, but i disagree on the wear and tear. having owned an E36, E39, E60, and an F10 the interiors have held up pretty well imo. its also how you treat the car.

to those putting Toyota's interior on a pedestal, lets not forget the huge recall on their melting and cracking dash. my mom is still waiting 4 years now for Toyota to repair her RX350 and Camry. :rofl:
Oh.. just cause I said BMW interiors are shyt it doesn’t mean Toyota are good. Toyota made amazing interiors that held up well for a long Time back in the 90s. Mid to late 2000s was a dark time for Toyota in terms of product offerings, quality etc.

I sincerely think Toyota has made a come back in terms of interior quality and are making a sincere attempt at making things fun. But taking the entire interior from BMW takes away from the Toyota experience.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
Oh.. just cause I said BMW interiors are shyt it doesn’t mean Toyota are good. Toyota made amazing interiors that held up well for a long Time back in the 90s. Mid to late 2000s was a dark time for Toyota in terms of product offerings, quality etc.

I sincerely think Toyota has made a come back in terms of interior quality and are making a sincere attempt at making things fun. But taking the entire interior from BMW takes away from the Toyota experience.
i didnt say you did. i just simply dispute your comment about BMW's interior shelf life from my own personal experiences.

does BMW make the best interior? no, but they aren't complete garbage like with your typical Fiat/Chrysler products.

Last edited:

monkeytek

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 SS GTR, 2018 WRX STI

My '97 TT 6spd. had to have its dash replaced warping and cracking even though garage kept. I think most automakers have these issues.

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
i didnt say you did. i just simply dispute your comment about BMW's interior shelf life from my own personal experiences.

does BMW make the best interior? no, but they aren't complete garbage like with your typical Fiat/Chrysler products.
Not all Fiats have bad durability interiors.

SPMS

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rc-F, 350z-TT, G2 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Well those seats aren't like the FT1 lol. Look like they could be comfortable though. I really wish we knew when the higher end supra was coming. I wanna be a day 1, but I want the high end model lol first world problems.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
i guess that's one of the things hinted at from the top-down motorsport idea.... a sequential transmission needs a clutch to get it off the line.

anyone have any idea what the bolt pattern on the engine is? I'd like to get the upper hand on a drop-in sequential option :p

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hmm What AM I driving?
hoping for more than one interior color, I don't mind if it's just different stitches, but I would love the option to be able to choose ; ) at the price point they wanna lauch it at (speculative) I should have a choice. In any case I don't mind the BMW interior so much as long as they don't do a charge for everything options list.

also i looks like it has adjustable thigh support. that's a big plus for me!

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I believe all these cars use monotone as a second layer of camo.

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
There seems to be a decent amount of space for a third pedal (fingers crossed)
After closer look, there is certainly enough space and looks like there is a chance.

Although it looks like getting into 1st would be annoying with that angled dash piece by the shifter.

Lets hope all that gets sorted with a Manual Tranny !
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.