M2 Comp a league above MKV? EVO.co.uk article says as much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
The professional car reviewer says a "league above"! That is no small statement, gen 2 Supra or not, manual or not. That is why I was shocked.
So get the used m2 comp you been scrapping every penny for to buy from carvana. Every reply you get you basically repsond “but saveagegeese says its better!” In the words of connor mcgregor “shut your fookin mouth up!!!”
Sponsored

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
The professional car reviewer says a "league above"! That is no small statement, gen 2 Supra or not, manual or not. That is why I was shocked.
Hes an unknown journalist that no one here heard of lol.

I could say the same thing and it'll hold just as much weight.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
@Isaleus - just looking for (perhaps too hopeful) feedback from someone who has driven the M2. @AJRMKV post gets close to that. There are many differences between an OG M2 and a Supra other than the driving prowess, but I was rather surprised to read such a statement from evo.co.uk, considering the OGM2 has electric steering

@Bigboss - keep the accusations to your drafts please. You look silly otherwise trying to sound smart
If your plan is to turn it into a track car the Supra will roast the M2 in results, reliability and maintenance cost.

If you just want to enjoy weekend drives in a near stock car. Most people would prefer the M2, I don’t, but my car is far from stock.

OP
OP
ghosted

ghosted

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
c300, 330i
@AJRMKV -seems quite logical sir

On another note, is @Bigboss a child? Can anyone prove this boy actually has a driver's license?

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
SavageGeese has been an MKV hater since day 1.

That being said M2 comp is one of the all time great driver's cars in it's category. Still prefer the MKV though. Especially the 23 MT
Facts.

nashcarr

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 PMT, 95 Miata, 2016 Lexus IS300 awd
I cross shopped the NEW G87 M2 and a manual GR Supra. I had no interest whatsoever in spending $60K+ on a used M2 Comp.

That being said, the G87 M2 was $12K more than the Supra and had a 12-14 month wait for one. The weight of the car (it's a porker) as well as the iPad dash was a "turn off" for me as well.

Since I had previously owned an ZF8 Supra, it made the decision easier.

Happy I bought the MT GR Supra.

Vertex

First Name
Vertex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 3.0 Supra Matte Storm Gray
Why do we get so many threads like this where someone makes an account to try and say another car is better than the Supra cause some youtuber or journalist said this or that so it must be true!

I hope everyone just ignores this thread so it can disappear into the murky depths where it belongs so they stop getting the fishing replies they're looking for.

(probably likes the new Z over the Supra too)

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
OP- as first post it certainly smells like Troll.
you drive a baby Benz c300? be too big a leap in performance for you either way.
you won't buy either.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
M2 Comp was the most fun M car of the whole lineup that I tried on track. Just drive them both and find out. They are both excellent drivers cars.

The MT Supra was the obvious choice for me because I have a daily and don't need back seats or space. B58 was more appealing to me than S55 for long term reliability and the Supra looks more exotic (and sounds much better too).

I honestly agree that the Supra is a bit more twitchy, probably just due to the wheelbase. But it is definitely just as fast around corners, if not faster.

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 turbo s2k, 2017 cadillac atsv, 2022 supra 3.0
the supra should faster at the track according to a few tests on youtube

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Again. I can guarantee no one has ever heard of this so called fame author. I'm literally speaking truth and yet there is denial on your part, why? Just leave it.

Also, very delusional of you to randomly say "most people in thread would pick the m2" when the opposite was uttered.

Weird dude.

OP
OP
ghosted

ghosted

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
c300, 330i
@Vertex - why would we want this thread to disappear into murky depths? Per the responses to this thread's question, the"unknown" journalist was indeed spot on in his comments. FYI - a managing editor (the article's author) for a global brand like evo.co.uk would not seem to be "unknown" in any sense other than that @Syeeee has never heard of him. @Rocksandblues - the definition of "troll" is someone who deliberately attempts to upset others for no true edifying purpose. I am not doing that. Second, your equivalently illogical assumption that the cars listed in my bio reflect my current-state ability to handle a 400hp coupe is not taking into account that either I have other cars in the stable I chose to keep hidden OR that I have owned high HP cars in the past. Hint: both are true.

Guys - and gals if you are in here - my advice PLEASE is: do not get offended when someone asks probing questions. As we could tell in a matter of less than a day, the F22 M2 competition is apparently a better driving car than a new MKV. According to posts within this thread alone, most people would prefer the F22 M2 over a MKV, and the MKV is twitcy compared to an M2.

Does that mean one always chooses an OGM2 based on this facet of information? NO! We are looking at a multi-component decision/purchase here...The OGM2 is years old, lacks a warranty, has different interior characteristics, etc. The SOLE point of my post was to glean some experiential, real-world forum uses' wisdom on which vehicle was objectively better and whether the evo.co.uk article was on point or not. I believe I do have my answer to this, as do all of you.

As far as a new Z vs Supra - I do not want to open a new discussion point other than to say the Nismo is the ONLY viable alternative to a MKV, but only comes in automatic. Whick kills the Nismo - silly Nissan.

Thank you @ColonelAdama @AJRMKV for objective responses and not giving into groupthink and pride-driven puerility.

OP
OP
ghosted

ghosted

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
c300, 330i
Again. I can guarantee no one has ever heard of this so called fame author. I'm literally speaking truth and yet there is denial on your part, why? Just leave it.

Also, very delusional of you to randomly say "most people in thread would pick the m2" when the opposite was uttered.

Weird dude.
I did not randomly say that "most people would pick the M2". @AJRMKV said it - check the thread

OP
OP
ghosted

ghosted

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
c300, 330i
Cute troll attempt.

Left out most of his reasoning amiright?
i am sorry, reading your reply just dropped my IQ.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.