Manual Supra at Sydney Motorsports Park

SupraGTS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GTS MT6
Hey guys, got my Supra out on track for the first time. Even standard these cars are incredibly capable. This is with standard tyres and even brake pads and fluid.

Best time I could manage in the Manual Supra on the night (first time in this car) was a 1.46.09, a mid to high 1.45 is definitely possible.. To put that in perspective, it's about 1 second a lap off where you would see a good driver in an R35 GTR (stock).

Sponsored

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
Hey guys, got my Supra out on track for the first time. Even standard these cars are incredibly capable. This is with standard tyres and even brake pads and fluid.

Best time I could manage in the Manual Supra on the night (first time in this car) was a 1.46.09, a mid to high 1.45 is definitely possible.. To put that in perspective, it's about 1 second a lap off where you would see a good driver in an R35 GTR (stock).

Awesome, 1:46 at SMSP in a 100% stock manual Supra.

You must be quite a driver.

With RE71RS or A052 and pads you would be in the 42s

OP
OP
SupraGTS

SupraGTS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GTS MT6
Awesome, 1:46 at SMSP in a 100% stock manual Supra.

You must be quite a driver.

With RE71RS or A052 and pads you would be in the 42s
Cheers! There is a mid to high 1.45 there in the stock car for sure.

RE71RS and pads have been ordered :)

The goal is to get into the 1.41's with a relatively standard car.

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
How did you find the car on T1? Stable with no understeer or oversteer?

Many drivers stated that the suspension is too soft, causing the car to roll unpleasantly when running high grip tyres. I will run on stock suspension for a while and most likely will move to coil overs.

OP
OP
SupraGTS

SupraGTS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GTS MT6
How did you find the car on T1? Stable with no understeer or oversteer?

Many drivers stated that the suspension is too soft, causing the car to roll unpleasantly when running high grip tyres. I will run on stock suspension for a while and most likely will move to coil overs.
I didnt find this to be a problem but to be fair I am running stock tyres. With semi slicks and more grip this may then become more of a problem.

A lot of people complain about rear end grip, I didnt find this to be a problem at all. I had the opposite problem, struggling with front end grip, getting quite a bit of understeer and having to be patient when waiting for the front end to get grip on corner exit.
Sponsored