New Pure650 turbo

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
excellent daily driver option, makes more power than stock but keeps the quick spool and low RPM torque
With this turbo will you still need the typical supporting upgrades like PI or if I just slap this turbo on could I expect 550hp with a 91 octane BM3 tune and no additional port injection?

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
With this turbo will you still need the typical supporting upgrades like PI or if I just slap this turbo on could I expect 550hp with a 91 octane BM3 tune and no additional port injection?
thats a question better asked to your tuner as your power will depend on your mods and fueling

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
Prolly better to go ethanol first than turbo. Thatā€™s just my advice.

Last edited:

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I would definitely do an E30 or E50 tune also, but for daily driving Iā€™d be running pump 91. I guess thatā€™s what I was wondering is what this turbo could put out with a pump 91 tune over the stock turbo. Iā€™ve already got intake, exhaust, catted downpipe and BM3 OTS tune.

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero
I would definitely do an E30 or E50 tune also, but for daily driving Iā€™d be running pump 91. I guess thatā€™s what I was wondering is what this turbo could put out with a pump 91 tune over the stock turbo. Iā€™ve already got intake, exhaust, catted downpipe and BM3 OTS tune.
Good question. Stock turbo is good for 500-550hp (on ethanol). But the pure 650 on 91 Iā€™m not sure. Maybe 450-550hp?. See if you can find any guys running the pure 700 and compare. Or just ask Pure Turbo. Also, your tuner too. To see where they're comfortable at putting the car.

Last edited:

Habu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra Absolute Zero

DHarkKnight10

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 / 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
If you click the link in the first post of the thread and scroll down the listing there's a dyno graph for the 650. According to that, they managed to get 542 WHP & 539 ft-lb TQ on E30 on the stock fuel system. Kinda contradicts their whole marketing claim of "Engineered and proven to support 600whp+", esp since there's no dyno graphs for proof of this but w/e lol

And honestly, getting over 500whp on 91 octane is a tall order. You'll, for sure, need full bolt ons and likely meth or PI to get there on just 91 octane with a turbo this size. If you can only run 91, don't want to mess with PI or meth, and your goal is 500-550whp, you'll probably need to consider a larger turbo like the Pure800, DAW Ultra or possibly the Omega65 from Remnant.

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
As a comparison iā€™m running stock turbo, full bolt ons (no meth or PI) 23psi on E40 and I did 477/565 and I feel the stock fuel system has a little more headroom, trims are good, timing is good. My gut feeling is 600 might be bit much without PI or Meth. Iā€™ve seen some E50 tunes on stock turbos hit low 500ā€™s but canā€™t say Iā€™ve seen much higher as most either call it quits at 500ā€˜ish or go big turbo big power.

This looks like a nice option to get to 550ā€™ish maybe make more power under the curve and some more peak power so to speak for $2k keeping everything else basic bolt ons. My feeling is itā€™s probably a bit more efficient at constant higher boost then stock turbo and if your looking for the middle ground of FBO with good efficiency and consistent mid 500ā€™s as a power goal this could be good.

Has anyone got to 600 safely on any system without PI, Meth/Water/etc?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
As a comparison iā€™m running stock turbo, full bolt ons (no meth or PI) 23psi on E40 and I did 477/565 and I feel the stock fuel system has a little more headroom, trims are good, timing is good. My gut feeling is 600 might be bit much without PI or Meth. Iā€™ve seen some E50 tunes on stock turbos hit low 500ā€™s but canā€™t say Iā€™ve seen much higher as most either call it quits at 500ā€˜ish or go big turbo big power.

This looks like a nice option to get to 550ā€™ish maybe make more power under the curve and some more peak power so to speak for $2k keeping everything else basic bolt ons. My feeling is itā€™s probably a bit more efficient at constant higher boost then stock turbo and if your looking for the middle ground of FBO with good efficiency and consistent mid 500ā€™s as a power goal this could be good.

Has anyone got to 600 safely on any system without PI, Meth/Water/etc?
I'm 51Xwhp with a pure 700, E40 and track tune 25-27psi out the top, with 100% oem fuel system and a GESI catted downpipe. On warmer days I get really close to maxing out the oem HPFP at 126*.

You can easily do 600whp with a upgraded HPFP.

Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
That was my thought without some kind of fueling/water/meth/etc 600rwhp would be tough to get safely and consistently and while nothing is impossible 600 on stock turbo stock fuel is improbable