• Total voters

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
The nissan fanbois over at the other forum still coping so hard about how the Z turn out to be lmao.

Y'all might not know this, but Japanese and Aussie media are still trying to fool people into thinking the Z is anything good.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Normally don't watch Throttle House videos, but I found this exchange pretty funny (~7:19 at end):

James: "But the Nissan Z is quite a bit cheaper than this..."
Thomas: "Yeah, for a good reason... it's worse."
James: "Yes. Yes it is. Only in every measurable way." 😅

MLG Tofu Shop

First Name
Goh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Vios
Normally don't watch Throttle House videos, but I found this exchange pretty funny (~7:19 at end):

James: "But the Nissan Z is quite a bit cheaper than this..."
Thomas: "Yeah, for a good reason... it's worse."
James: "Yes. Yes it is. Only in every measurable way." 😅
Yeah, that one is pretty good, I always love the way they criticize things 🤣. They are one of the few youtube car reviewers that don't B.S. people into thinking a car is better than it actually is.

In their GR86 review, they did a skit where the GR86 driver received a gapplebees coupon from a 370Z driver, but as we now know both the new Z and the 370Z are slower than the GR86 around TH's track.

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
Anyone who has ever driven a Nissan knows that they are often worse than the sum of their parts. I had a G35 while it was decent, quality, and cohesive Engineering were not its strengths. On paper it was superior to the sc300 I was coming from in 2004, it never even came close to capturing my affection. I traded it in for a CTS-V in like 16 months

aksprite

First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra, the bus
Anyone who has ever driven a Nissan knows that they are often worse than the sum of their parts. I had a G35 while it was decent, quality, and cohesive Engineering were not its strengths. On paper it was superior to the sc300 I was coming from in 2004, it never even came close to capturing my affection. I traded it in for a CTS-V in like 16 months
I had a Q50 red sport with the same engine that’s in the new Z. Honestly the drivetrain was nice and it felt peppy even at stock power. The transmission was slow-ish but the engine never gave me any issues. The infotainment was horrible however, felt like something from 2008. The awesome G meter would show the telemetry after I had already taken the corner. The outer body wasn’t much better. After less than a year, the exhaust was completely covered in surface rust. By the second year almost the entirety of the underbody was covered in surface rust spots. Nissan really does not have quality in mind when making cars nowadays, except the GTR.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
No comparison in the 2. Supra > all
I would take the GR Corolla over the new Z all day long!

Who cares it’s not a true Toyota? That shouldn’t even be a Con. Last time I checked, we all bought them from a Toyota dealership. Just saying.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
I saw this video. It seems the Nismo Z is much improved over the regular Z. Of course, the cost is higher but still not higher than the 45th anniversary Supra.
The testers complain about the lack of manual transmission but I wonder what percentage of buyers would buy each type.