OEM engine cover replacement emblems?

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Does anyone make an aftermarket emblem in other colors or textures that fit the OEM engine cover insert? I just measured the chrome emblem - 2" x 3" (51mm x 76mm)
Sponsored

OP
OP
BA9092

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Damn... $150!? :rolleyes1:

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
Emblem
The chrome stock looks great but painting is an option and less than $150. Just saying!

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
I custom did my own for a few bucks and a little time.
IMG_5698.jpg
Looks good dude! How does the OEM one come off? is it double sided taped on by the factory?

Is that a heat tape on your intake? I assume to keep the engine heat out of the intake? Any idea of it actually works?

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR Premium & 2019 Shelby GT350R
Looks good dude!

Is that a heat tape on your intake? I assume to keep the engine heat out of the intake? Any idea of it actually works?
Thanks man. It's DEI radiant barrier wrap. It does work. Before I put it on, after a hard drive, I couldn't touch the airbox it was so hot. With this, I can hold my hand on it after a hard drive. I've been using this on Turbo cars for years. It works.

Delta1Seven

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0
Thanks man. It's DEI radiant barrier wrap. It does work. Before I put it on, after a hard drive, I couldn't touch the airbox it was so hot. With this, I can hold my hand on it after a hard drive. I've been using this on Turbo cars for years. It works.
Thats awesome, I'm going to get some to put on my intake. Any idea if putting it on the inside of the airbox instead of the outside makes a difference? (although putting it on the outside makes it look kind of like the space shuttle, which is actually pretty sick.also is this it? https://www.designengineering.com/reflect-a-gold-heat-reflective-sheet-12-x-24-1/

Last edited:

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thats awesome, I'm going to get some to put on my intake. Any idea if putting it on the inside of the airbox instead of the outside makes a difference? (although putting it on the outside makes it look kind of like the space shuttle, which is actually pretty sick.also is this it? https://www.designengineering.com/heat-screen-gold/
Needs to be on the outside. You can also wrap your intake and charge pipes with this. I haven't gone that far. I did apply it to the stock heatshield on the side facing the turbo.

Shelby Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks good dude! How does the OEM one come off? is it double sided taped on by the factory?

The emblem has two plastic rivets that you just drill out. I painted the red with high temp paint first. Painted the emblem with high temp black and used silicon adhesive to reattach it.

chuckyl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata Nd, Stinger Base and 2021 Supra
Shelby
Great job, guess how the rest of my afternoon is going to be spent.