Ohlins Road & Track

Illest1Five

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Supra MT 45th Anniversary, '06 Impreza STI
Did you end up installing the Millway plates? And did they fit with no issues?
I'm currently exploring options for camber adjustability and it's currently a tossup between those and the Vorshlag. Haven't seen any other feedback on the forum at all so far, regarding the Millway Camber Plates.
I ordered Millway street plates and are expected to arrive this week. I will assemble them with the R&T, but probably won't install onto the car until after my April track days, as I won't have time to get the car corner balanced and aligned.

I've run Vorshlag plates on my GDB and found them to be great on that platform. Can't speak to how they are on DB43.
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Bruce @ Performance Shock in CA is the go to person for rebuilds/revalves on Ohlins.
Does he have a cousin in Florida ? 😜

*(don’t I wish, I’ll pay for shipping)*

Oodis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT GR Supra
Just got Ohlins R+T.. just really trying to get some answers on what did everyone paired it with?
Vorshlag camber? Verus camber plats? or SPL LCA?

My current setup is Eibach lowering springs only. I'm aiming for good handling and a nice ride height where I don't have to go sideways to avoid scraping lol
Bloke I got ohlins and am running full spl line you dont really need camber plates unless you think your jackie ding. TBH i would not get SPL front lower control arms if i was you id go with verkline FLCA

my 2 cents any way

Cheers

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R. e46
Righto I've had the chance to look at the ohlins and how they need to be located for use with after market swaybar links. As stated by someone else you need to have the J shaped link mount on the ohlins strut at the 10 o'clock position on R front and 2 o'clock on the L front this should give enough room for the thicker links to have room to move around. So if you are planning on using adjustable sway bar links you will need to position your struts as per above not what the ohlins install instructions say (sticker facing brake caliper). I thought i might save someone some time and confirm that this is how you gotta roll.
This is such vital information i havn't found anywhere else but on here, thank you. I ran into the same issue last night with the SPL / Ohlins combo and couldn't for the life of me figure why everything looked like it was going to smack each other. Even what SPL told me over the phone
conflicted with the instructions in the box.

I had just one more question, which way are the nuts mounted? for the bottom i remember the nut was on the inner side of the vehicle when i removed it. for the top are they supposed to be screwed on from the front?

thanks so much everyone.

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
This is such vital information i havn't found anywhere else but on here, thank you. I ran into the same issue last night with the SPL / Ohlins combo and couldn't for the life of me figure why everything looked like it was going to smack each other. Even what SPL told me over the phone

I had just one more question, which way are the nuts mounted? for the bottom i remember the nut was on the inner side of the vehicle when i removed it. for the top are they supposed to be screwed on from the front?

thanks so much everyone.
are you referring to the endlink nut?

1713281812855-0s.png

1713281724352-si.png

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R. e46
correct, the endlink nut.
looks to be on from the outside on the bottom and from the rear on the top.
thanks, one more mystery solved.

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R. e46
If you need any help with getting them setup, just let me know. I will be free tomorrow night and could swing by.
I appreciate that man, thank you. I seem to have the direction i need to make a successful attempt at it tonight. If i hit you up it'll be to tell you i gave up and threw everything in the trash lol.

cbrummell

First Name
carson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 nitro yellow supra 3.0 premium
speaking of high end shocks, it's interesting nobody sells a penske kit for the gr supra. at least google search doesn't come back with anything. seems like everyone is an MCS dealer/builder but not too many build penskes.

https://shop.penskeshocks.com/collections/shocks-street-car-automotive
i've wanted to see a set of penske's for this platform since i got my car :( been looking into to QA1 recently looks like mike botti is testing them and i have a shop local to me that does a lot of work with QA1 stuff!

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
i've wanted to see a set of penske's for this platform since i got my car :( been looking into to QA1 recently looks like mike botti is testing them and i have a shop local to me that does a lot of work with QA1 stuff!
JRI and Nitron are also higher end brands as well.

I think you get diminishing returns at these price points and you should pick the one that can provide you the most support and faster turn around times for a rebuild/revalve since most club sport shock customers don’t have a dedicated suspension engineer on site.

Oodis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT GR Supra

thanks so much everyone.
Glad i could help someone, it cost me 1 SPL sway bar link due to it getting bent for me to figure it all out correctly

Cheers

sup.dc2

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mk5mt. DC2. T4R. e46
Update.
Got them on yesterday but just the fronts for now. I had the orientation of the link mounts exactly the opposite as @Oodis said to have it. I never put my stock links on after i installed them and took it straight to corner balance/ alignment. Adjusted the orientation and everything lined up nicely. All that's left is to somehow get my car to fit on my lifts at work so I can properly adjust length. Drove it around though and seem good but man these are noisy lol. Thanks again everyone.

I try to help out the locals when I can. Need more people to come out to the track with me!
The organizer i'm with is doing Big Willow on June 9th. I was actually going to post about it and future events we host in the Cali section. I came across your YT chan and saw that youre in the sub2 club, meanwhile i'm slighly faster than shitty lol.
Sponsored