Tiko

First Name
Tiko
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition
Hey guys,

So I recently upgraded to pure800 E30 tune and switched the OEM oil to Liquid Molly 5w-40. After 1.6k miles of driving (good amount hard driving, canyons and 30+pulls) my oil level is down, to between min and max. I usually would change the oil every 5k miles before the pure 800.

Wanted to know how often everyone is changing their oil with upgraded turbo set ups and if its normal to use that much oil within 1.6k miles of driving.
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Like I stated in your other thread. Not normal.

I've done 5 track days with a Pure turbo before changing the oil with zero oil consumption.

OP
OP

Tiko

First Name
Tiko
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My thread is about, after how many miles do you change the oil with upgraded turbo. Did not mention anything about oil consumption.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
My thread is about, after how many miles do you change the oil with upgraded turbo. Did not mention anything about oil consumption.
But yes you did...

Hey guys,

So I recently upgraded to pure800 E30 tune and switched the OEM oil to Liquid Molly 5w-40. After 1.6k miles of driving (good amount hard driving, canyons and 30+pulls) my oil level is down, to between min and max. I usually would change the oil every 5k miles before the pure 800.

Wanted to know how often everyone is changing their oil with upgraded turbo set ups and if its normal to use that much oil within 1.6k miles of driving.

You keep asking for advice/input. Then people give you input and you argue. Good luck buddy.

OP
OP

Tiko

First Name
Tiko
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No ones arguing. I am asking how often people change their oil. If you gonna disregard that and go to something I was not focusing my question on, you do that.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I don't think you even know what you are posting or even hearing yourself.

Your question had more about oil consumption than anything else. You also LITERALLY asked: "...if its normal to use that much oil within 1.6k miles of driving."

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
No ones arguing. I am asking how often people change their oil. If you gonna disregard that and go to something I was not focusing my question on, you do that.
nah, he's telling you the oil consumption you mentioned is irregular. the main question you're asking is irrelevant. what you need to do is contact your tuner and explain this same situation to him/her

OP
OP

Tiko

First Name
Tiko
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
[B]razorlab[/B] wasn't trying to sound like a hole. My bad and I do appreciate your feedback.

I will talk to my tuner. I mean I have no oil leaks anywhere besides a little build up in the lower chargepipe and intake inlet. Exhuast has no smoke coming out at as well. This only happened after the pure800 install.

Do you guys run catch cans? if so, anything in there after certain miles?
Sponsored