Oil Service notification with Oil levels OK

tnhendley

First Name
Trevon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21ā€™ GR Supra 3.0
So my Supra is saying I need to take my vehicle to get an oil service but the oil levels are saying OK. What does this mean???
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

bushido

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, N180 4Runner
Maybe I shouldā€™ve been more detailed. The oil was already changed a few weeks ago
did you successfully reset the oil life after the oil change?

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
Yeah the oil change service notification is purely Time-based and has no relation to the oil Level itself. So for example even if your oil was 5 years old, as long as it's full to the brim, and you ran the electronic oil check, it would say it's full / OK, but doesn't mean fresh/good.

So your oil is totally fine as you said you changed it, but the oil change reset procedure hasn't been done apparently. This can be done from home as well you need to cycle through the main driver display (Not the middle screen infotainment) using the tiny button on the bottom left.

If you then go to the infotainment vehicle status check, it will add 12 months to the next due date I believe (in some cases 24 months)

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well, it's OEMs fault for using ancient methods to portray information. Even in kindergarten kids have tablets and everything is interactive.
They should be making like YT infomercials.
You've got oil trouble eh? Let's see how duffy duck tackles it. But first let's sing the Which Oil fo ma Zupra song.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
My kids would never look for an owners manual or know there is one tbh. Iā€™m surprised thereā€™s not a QR code slapped on the dash for a sponsored TikTok video šŸ™ƒ
Sponsored