Password needed to connect to Apple CarPlay?

Lordhowe

First Name
HG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris
My Apple CarPlay has been working for the past 2 years with zero issues and out of the blue the phone disconnected one afternoon and I was not able to connect again. I can see my phone in the menu but it just won't connect (slightly different from the other reports of various users saying Apple CarPlay just "disappeared"). When I deleted my phone and tried to add it back in, it's now asking for a password where this has never happened before.
Any guidance on how to get this working is highly appreicated!
Sponsored

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Did you delete the car from your phone as well? My system was all jacked up, phone would connect and disconnect, appear and disappear. I deleted the phone from the car and the car from the phone. Setup everything from scratch and that seemed to work

OP
OP

Lordhowe

First Name
HG
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Yaris
I tried everything from removing the car from the phone and phone from the car. Another forum member gave me the fix - connect to Bluetooth instead of connecting to a new device for carplay. As soon as the car is connected via Bluetooth, it then will prompted you if you want to enable CarPlay. Everything works now. Hope this is helpful for someone else.
Sponsored