Possible Future Engines

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 bmw 318is 2012 honda civic 2022 gr86
Any news on the supra possibly getting the updated b58 TU2 motor.

Keep hearing rumors about the GRMN possibly getting the S58. Is there any news on if the GRMN or late year models will get the B58 TU2? This motor is going in the new m340i so it wouldn't surprise me to see an updated b58. It would be interesting to know if the z4 will get an updated/ different motor at some point.
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

Keep hearing rumors about the GRMN possibly getting the S58. Is there any news on if the GRMN or late year models will get the B58 TU2? This motor is going in the new m340i so it wouldn't surprise me to see an updated b58. It would be interesting to know if the z4 will get an updated/ different motor at some point.
The Supra GRMN will get the N63, true M rear diff, titanium exhaust, the GT4 rear spoiler and front splitter, 374mm front brakes, 19x11 rear carbon wheels, M bucket seats, 1" thicker "twin bat wing" M steering wheel. It will also finally have the M HUD and rumor is it will go back to hydraulic steering.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
The Supra GRMN will get the N63, true M rear diff, titanium exhaust, the GT4 rear spoiler and front splitter, 374mm front brakes, 19x11 rear carbon wheels, M bucket seats, 1" thicker "twin bat wing" M steering wheel. It will also finally have the M HUD and rumor is it will go back to hydraulic steering.
it’s actually mid engine as well. I have sources. Trust me đŸ™‚đŸ€

Oodis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT GR Supra

Bloke

I drove the new M3 yesterday and if the GRMN gets that motor, the M traction control and M diff it could honestly be one of the best cars ever built.

So that being said BMW would take a big hit on sales, as it is the supra is one of the better bmw's in my opinion.

Cheers

Crypto79

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 MT, 1997 sc300 5 Speed
The whole engine and transmission calibration and certification process coupled to factory retooling (of not your factory) for 500 or so cars for 1 years doesn’t make a lot of sense. We will be lucky if they release an A91 or GRMN with simple wight reduction and a few functional go fast bolt ons like brakes, aero, wheels and bracing. Considering the special editions are mostly superficial cosmetic with all the options being all electronic, I think that is a harbinger for their production range / flexibility.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
The whole engine and transmission calibration and certification process coupled to factory retooling (of not your factory) for 500 or so cars for 1 years doesn’t make a lot of sense. We will be lucky if they release an A91 or GRMN with simple wight reduction and a few functional go fast bolt ons like brakes, aero, wheels and bracing. Considering the special editions are mostly superficial cosmetic with all the options being all electronic, I think that is a harbinger for their production range / flexibility.
If Toyota released parts like these for the Supra like they did for the GR/GRMN Yaris I would be happy.

To note the GRMN Yaris didn't get a significant engine upgrade either. Just a hand built engine of the same one in the regular car with hand picked parts per the owner in this video. To think that Toyota is gonna all the sudden care about the neglected child (Supra) is hard to believe.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I'm in. 😂

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
My friend works in a Toyota service department and he says the 2025 Supra will get a tri-turbo setup, with one turbo servicing two cylinders each. He tells me they'll come v-banded from the factory for easy upgrades.

OP
OP
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bloke

I drove the new M3 yesterday and if the GRMN gets that motor, the M traction control and M diff it could honestly be one of the best cars ever built.

So that being said BMW would take a big hit on sales, as it is the supra is one of the better bmw's in my opinion.

Cheers
I don't totally disagree with this affecting bmw's sales. Except the nature of a special edition being a limited run.

Or even if they gave it to every car for a year or two. Assuming the supra is gonna keep being a low production vehicle and stop altogether soon. I don't think it would affect the numbers on m cars enough to notice.

Ace of Laces

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
14’ Benz C350, 20' Porsche Taycan 4S, 23' MT Supra
For BMW to give Toyota the S58 to make a GRMN in the Austria factory where the Z4 is built alongside doesn’t make much sense to me if there also isn’t a hardcore Z4M variant with the S58. I don’t see why BMW wouldn’t take advantage of Toyota using this engine at the same production line as their Z4. Has their been any spy shots or rumours of a Z4M?

OP
OP
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For BMW to give Toyota the S58 to make a GRMN in the Austria factory where the Z4 is built alongside doesn’t make much sense to me if there also isn’t a hardcore Z4M variant with the S58. I don’t see why BMW wouldn’t take advantage of Toyota using this engine at the same production line as their Z4. Has their been any spy shots or rumours of a Z4M?
This is kind of what I was wondering. Maybe a z4 with a b58TU2?

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
If Toyota released parts like these for the Supra like they did for the GR/GRMN Yaris I would be happy.

To note the GRMN Yaris didn't get a significant engine upgrade either. Just a hand built engine of the same one in the regular car with hand picked parts per the owner in this video. To think that Toyota is gonna all the sudden care about the neglected child (Supra) is hard to believe.

to be honest i think most of these GR parts are overpriced. you can get much better shocks than those GR branded ones. MCS, JRZ, Penskes, just to name a few. They'll be customizable and rebuildable, which is what most club racers and professional teams use.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
to be honest i think most of these GR parts are overpriced. you can get much better shocks than those GR branded ones. MCS, JRZ, Penskes, just to name a few. They'll be customizable and rebuildable, which is what most club racers and professional teams use.
Id take it if it's going to be warrantied by Toyota. Also according to the video they are offering tuning options for Yaris owners. So that's again alot more extras we supra owners aren't getting.
Sponsored